1366x768 fullscreen/get rid of the mouse cursor

Nov 2, 2020
Gamertag
nowheredan27
I'm playing on a notebook. That being said, is it possible to force the game to run in 1366x768 fullscreen?
Also, can I get rid of the mouse completely since I play with a 360 controller? It keeps appearing right back in the middle of the screen from time to time, pretty annoying.

EDIT - I've managed to get borderless fullscreen by pressing F7 so that takes care of that. All that's left is the mouse cursos taking a hike.
EDIT 2 - Now that I've begun my playthrough I've also encountered 2 weird issues:
1 - Sometimes enemy corpses get sent flying after they die and I have no idea why
2 - For some reason the sun (or I think it's the sun at least) looks like 3 square-shaped god-ray emitters, very pixelated. I'll try and get a screenshot.
I don't know if it has anything to do with it but I'm using the HALO 2 Reclaimed maps, not the original ones.
EDIT 3 - Here's the screenshot I was talking about.

Attachments

Last edited:

Arnav

Members
Aug 21, 2020
Gamertag
AmarD
Does the cursor still display when you are in actual full screen mode? There will be stripes on your 1366x768 screen (cause game is rendering at 1280x720). If that solves your issue you will have to turn on GPU scaling in your Graphics settings. Hopefully if the mouse issue does not persist the above method will fill out your entire screen.
Ensure you connect controller before starting the game.
1. That's actually the charm of the game. Apparently the game tries to remove the corpses from getting struck to the geometry of the level. Also the 60hz tickrate seems to have exaggerated the situation.
2. You can check with the original developer for the reclaimed mod. I think that seems to be the issue.

Nov 2, 2020
Gamertag
nowheredan27
Hey there, thanks for answering!
About the cursor - It keeps coming back to the center of the screen in both fullscreen and borderless window mode. I can use a program like AutoHideMouseCursor to hide it, but the button it's hovering over is still selected lol.
1 - Yeah I've seen some gameplay videos and that's actually the intended behavior. Gonna get used to it I guess haha.
2 - I'm no longer playing Reclaimed due to some bad FPS drops and it also happens in Vanilla Cartographer.

Arnav

Members
Aug 21, 2020
Gamertag
AmarD
What graphics card you're using? Check if the drivers are updated, or it has a history of bugs. The graphics card manufacturer usually has a documentation for addressing these problems if they are indeed graphics driver related.
I was not able to pinpoint the problem related to the controller/mouse though.
I recall I had tried to play H2V with a broken controller, the keybindings were messed up, but the mouse never appeared in-game. Don't know what's the exact issue on your side.
1604597712746.png
I actually was not that observant regarding the sun, but it seems perfect here.
Intel HD 3000 with high Level of Detail (1280x720). All of this at 20 fps tho, just for a screenshot's sake.

Nov 2, 2020
Gamertag
nowheredan27
Just to clarify, I don't actually see the cursor whtn it morphs back to the middle of the screen. It's not that big a deal really.
About my video card - It's a AMD Ryzen 7. I'm using an ideapad330s. AFAIK it's up to date.

Arnav

Members
Aug 21, 2020
Gamertag
AmarD
On my side I've also activated aplication optimal mode in Intel graphics settings. That means I let Halo 2 decide whatever settings to use.
On AMD I think you have the option to select 'Let application decide' on anisotropic filtering, anti aliasing, VSync etc.
TBH bro I think now you should let it pass. Even I have some flickering textures in gameplay which dissapear whenever I screen record it. Not big enough to ruin gameplay for me.
This game was developed around 2006 using resources from 2004 made to run on a Hardware released in 2001.
And I started playing it in 2019.