Acer Aspire Laptop Problem

Jan 10, 2017
New York (Upstate! Not the city!)
Gamertag
N64Lain
Hey guys. I'm having a bit of a situation with my laptop as of late and I was hoping at least one of you would know what was going on.

I've owned this laptop for over three years and it's never given me any trouble until just recently. You see, the laptop's monitor usually displays at 1366x768, but one day I just shut it off after a night of gaming and the next time I turned it on I couldn't see a thing. There was a backlight and the computer seemed like it was working but there would be no picture.

I then hooked it up to my TV and found that it was kinda small. I then went into the display settings and found that my laptop screen's resolution was stuck at 1024x768. I couldn't switch it back to the full resolution of 1366x768. My laptop thought the screen couldn't display at a higher resolution. I updated the BIOS on the laptop and that seemed to fix the problem. But now it's doing it again!'

I'm hoping someone can give some help on what I should do. Hopefully I don't have to get a new computer in order to fix this mess. I mean I can deal with having to hook a monitor up to it, but I usually go over to my friend's house to play PC games with him and I don't want to have to use their TV or bring a monitor with me whenever I go.

Any solution would be nice. Please help. :(