(Almost) No Sound in the Game

Jun 7, 2018
The only sound I can hear in game are the short "hummings" during loading screens. Other than that, there's nothing. Nada.

A quick google search lead me to this thread, one where someone told OP to turn off "no sound mode" in the launcher settings. Problem is, the launcher just boots the game up without giving me access to, well, a launcher.

I'm running the game on Windows 10, is that the issue?

So far I've tried:
* Reinstalling
* Every compatability mode
* Changing ports for my speakers
* I've tried changing my default playback device to every option that I have avaliable, even the ones that don't make any sense at all (Just to be sure that I tried everything)

Now, if I understand correctly, there are certain parameters you can run the game with, such as -nosound. Does anyone know how I can edit these in Windows 10?

Right as I was about to hit "Post Thread" I realised that I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro N. I've run into media issues with the N version before, maybe that's the culprit?

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
If u havent manually added the -nosound parameter then i can certainly say its not related to launch parameter
Nevertheless do try to launch the game directly from the Halo 2 folder itself

Cant say for certain what might be causing this
Does this problem happen with your other games as well?
If not then try deleting the Project Cartofrapher settings %localappdata% (Microsoft/Halo2/)

Jun 7, 2018
I've tried those things unfortunately. Also completely clueless.

And no, my audio works perfectly for everything except this. The weirdest part is that I can hear the "Ooohhh" in the loading screens.

Jun 12, 2018
Gamertag
vortacs
I am having a similar problem. I'm on 18.04 at the moment and I don't hear any sound at all. I'm looking in the "sounds" folder and its pretty much empty. Should I check out a different folder to look for any fishy situations?

Jun 12, 2018
Gamertag
vortacs
I am having a similar problem. I'm on 18.04 at the moment and I don't hear any sound at all. I'm looking in the "sounds" folder and its pretty much empty. Should I check out a different folder to look for any fishy situations?
sorry, I'm on Ubuntu 18.04