Big LAG slow FPS W8.1 when using GFWL on campaign/menus

Oct 28, 2014
Gamertag
Catar4xX
Hello everybody,

My problem is that I loose an incredible number of FPS when I use Halo 2 with an Internet connection.
The menus/lan/campaign are really slow butI still can join a game online.
When I was online, my connection was red but I don't understand why it has an impact on campaign/menus (etc.).

However, when I desactivate Internet : the is game running fast, no problems at all, can use a lan without trouble.

The Halo 2 Launcher doesn't fix my problem also.

So, does Halo 2 download something in the background to lag the whole game? I don't understand at all the source of the problem.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Configuration :
Windows 8.1 Update 1
Original Halo2.exe (+ xlive.dll for windows 8)
I probably installed the Windows 7 fix, don't know if it has a link
I have a legit key to play online, however my game is not activated when I launch startup.exe (used MF.dll)

Oct 28, 2014
Gamertag
Catar4xX
Foresure, here's it is :

Windows 8.1 64-bit
Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz
Haswell 22nm
RAM: 8,00 Go Canal-Double DDR3 @ 798 MHz (10-10-10-30)
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. H97M-E (SOCKET 1150)
Graphics : HP w2448h (1920x1200@59Hz) | 2047 MoNVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (MSI)
Stockage: 2794GB Seagate ST3000DM001-1ER166 (SATA)

Thanks for the reply!

Kantanomo

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
Gamertag
H2Bot
Try downloading This zip folder and extract the files from it into your Halo 2 Install directory.

Its normally "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Halo 2" on x64 machines.

Let me know how that works out.

Oct 28, 2014
Gamertag
Catar4xX
Thanks, this is a little bit better to navigate menus and end game but I still have the slow fps in order to play online (my connection was yellow this time).

I've found this kind of similar problem here : http://halo.bungie.net/forums/posts.asp ... D=71071049
And the last post says :
"Actually Kantanamo made a fix that disabled h2v from drawing the gfwl every frame, but I can't find it anymore since his FTP went down. Best way to get it would be to ask him on the MonstrMoose or other forums."

Is it possible to get this mod? Maybe the solution I think.

Kantanomo

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
Gamertag
H2Bot
Unfortunately that tool no longer works and has broken since the latest GFWL update, I have tried to fix the tool but have had no luck in my numerous attempts. The only other thing I could recommend is to downgrade your graphics drivers. Recently there has been and issue with the past few Nividia drivers where it will cause your game to have a memory leak that leads to extremely bad FPS.