BSP_3D_TOO_DEEP tool error

Mar 15, 2013
As the topic implies I have encountered an error with my current Icefields remake. This particular error has only ever popped up on maps that contain above the maximum faces, vertices and edges. Powerhouse and Crater are the only maps I had this issue with.

My remake called Frostbite is severly smaller in overall face, vertice and edge size. It is actually less intensive in all areas compared to Construct which compiles just fine. I am at a loss as to what could cause a 24k face map with maybe another 20k instance to sprout such an error. Any help I can get would be appreciated!

Mar 15, 2013
No I've got about 20 instance objects in total. Nothing out of the ordinary aside from the fact that I had to do some scale adjustments. It's really bothering me especially since it involves a map I have been working on for close to - months now.

Mar 15, 2013
Yeah tried everything I can think of. The only thing I can logically conclude, is that for some reason h2tool doesn't like too many faces all sharing a lot of the same vertices.

Mar 15, 2013
According to Kirby, that is also an error with Ce that is usually "round" collision error related. The way he explained it, is that bsp geometry that is too round, is disliked. So in order to avoid the error I need to go through my geometry and see what items can be widdled down in terms of spherical, or overly round like high intense vertice/face boulders or similar objects.