Can you move tags from one campaign map to the other?

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
Heeeeeelllo everyone!
I was wondering if it's possible, using Assembly, if you can move tags - let's say Brute (character/biped) tags from a campaign map and place them into a campaign map that doesn't have those tags. Example: moving Brute tags into New Mombasa.
Thanks ~

Mar 20, 2016
UF ShadowTeddy said:
I think its been done before, so someone could help you on this front.

Like I remember playing a Modded campaign level of Cairo (I think it was Kills' Version) and it had the Brute character biped
Cairo has a Brute biped on it by default, it is simply unused during normal gameplay (it may not be indexed by default either, though I haven't checked in a while).

Moving tags across campaign maps has never been done before, although there is a tool which can call the elite biped from shared.map from the elite character on Turf, so one might assume the same could be done via the single player shared map for single player maps. That said, that's just conjecture and I have no idea how any that would be accomplished.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
No, this would require an extraction/injection tool. Extraction, at the very minimum, then compilation with some campaign tag source.

The only tool that can extract is not publicly available.

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
Ahh makes sense with the insisted tags, I did put a replace a null weapon in New Mombasa with the Brute Plasma Rifle as it was already in the map. Thanks anyway Kills ~~

Jan 23, 2017
Gamertag
General Heed
Isn't the mod tool Mr. Mowhawk capable of extracting tags and then injecting them back into another mission? I tried moving tags between missions with the tool but it just crashes. I'm not too experienced with modding so I don't know if maybe I just did something wrong and it crashed. That tool is available for download from h2mt as well. So is it actually possible to do it with that tool? Or perhaps some newer tools like Gravemind or Assembly?

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
I started with Mohawk and Gravemind, they're rather trash - they crash and create map errors
As far as I'm aware of, Assembly can't extract or compile either - at least for Halo 2.
You're better off using assembly, very reliable.

Jan 23, 2017
Gamertag
General Heed
I talked to Gamecheat about this since I had a small project idea in mind that would require this feature and he told me it's not possible to inject tags on H2V unfortunately for pretty much similar reasons as others have mentioned above. He said the only way to move tags between campaign missions is on the original xbox version of Halo 2 using tools called Entity or DotHalo. Hope that helps a bit. Of course you'll need a soft modded original xbox to be able to run the modded maps, but soft modding an original xbox is very easy these days.