Console Commands

Oct 26, 2018
A list of console commands for the current update. I'll update this list as more are added.

Last updated v0.5.6.0

Host Commands
logplayers // logpeers
Logs information about players and shows how many players are in the current game.
[Ex: logpeers]

kick
Kicks players based off of their peer index.
[Ex: kick <PEER_INDEX>] (see logplayers)

sendTeamChange (Currently removed from Project Cartographer)
Changes a players team based off of their peer index.
[Ex: sendteamchange <PEER_INDEX> <VALUE>] (Team color is based off of values 1-8)
  1. Blue
  2. Yellow
  3. Green
  4. Purple
  5. Orange
  6. Brown
  7. Pink
  8. Red
maxplayers
Sets the max amount of players allowed in a lobby.
[Ex: maxplayers <VALUE>] (between 1 and 16)

isHost
Tells you whether or not you are the host of a game.
[Ex: ishost]

xyz
Displays XYZ coordinates of all players in game on screen.
[Ex: xyz]

Game Input // Misc.
controller_sens
Sets the controllers look sensitivity, useful for going higher than 10.
[Ex: controller_sens <VALUE>]

mouse_sens
Sets the mouse look sensitivity, useful for going higher than 10.
[Ex: mouse_sens <VALUE>]

downloadmap
Downloads a map off of the Map Repo. You need to use a specific filename for this command to work.
[Ex: downloadmap octagon.map]

reloadMaps
Reloads the maps folder so you don't have to re-launch the game, recommended if adding maps while Halo 2 is running.
[Ex: reloadmaps]

Sidenotes: All custom maps in Halo 2 are located in C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Halo 2\Maps rather than where the game was installed. There is a limit of 50 maps, the game will stop downloading custom maps in lobbies when this limit is reached.

warpfix
Modifies some prediction values. Helps players with ping over 150. This command is experimental.
[Ex: warpfix <TRUE> or <FALSE>]

leavegame
Forces you to leave a game. Works in "Joining game..." and "Please wait..." screens.
[Ex: leavegame]

netstats
Displays packets per second and average packet size on screen.
[Ex: netstats]

mapfilename
Displays the name of the .map file of the map that's currently loaded.
[Ex: mapfilename]

Spawn Commands
resetSpawnCommandList
Reloads commands.txt so you don't have to re-launch the game when adding new items to the list.
[Ex: resetspawncommandlist]

spawnNear
Spawns items based off of a datum indexe near the players biped.
[Ex: spawnNear <item_name> <count>]

spawn
Spawns items based off of datum indexes at specific locations using coordinates.
[Ex: spawn <item_name> <count> x y z] (see the command "xyz")

Sidenotes: Coordinates "0 0 0" work the same as spawnnear. You can paste text into the console which is useful for long item names and coordinates.

Spawn Command Info
Commands.txt
Commands.txt is a text file that comes with Project Cartographer and is located at the root directory of the Halo 2 install. This file contains item names along with their datum index and is used with the spawn commands.
Getting Datum Indexes for commands.txt
To get a datum index for something is straight forward. Just open any map with Assembly, switch to the Tags tab and find the the item you're looking for. In this example I'm looking for the sniper rife.

Assmebly Datum Index Highlights.png
Assembly is a mod tool and making changes in public games will get you banned. You have been warned.
Properly adding to commands.txt
Make sure that each item is is a whole line down from the last and that there are no spaces. Format the datum index and item name correctly otherwise the game will not recognize what was added.

They're formatted like this: item_name,0xE000000

Sidenotes: You can change the name of whatever it is you want to put on the list to make spawning easier and if you try to spawn something with an invalid datum index nothing will happen. Also spawning items only works if you're the host of a game or dedicated server.

If getting indexes one by one isn't your cup of tea, I've already made a list with all the indexes for all the items. There is also an attached commands.txt with the entire list in it if you don't feel like making your own. Just drop it in the root of your game install.
  • Human
    • Weapons
      • smg,0xED3F32DA
        magnum,0xEAD83073
        shotgun,0xECD63271
        sniper_rifle,0xED753310
        rocket_launcher,0xEDD4336F
        battle_rifle,0xEC3131CC
        frag_grenade,0xEA1F2FBA
    • Vehicles
      • scorpion,0xE7A42D3F
        chaingun_hog,0xE46E2A09

• Covenant
    • Weapons
      • plasma_rifle,0xEC9E3239
        plasma_pistol,0xEB9E3139
        energy_sword,0xEE7B3416
        brute_plasma_rifle,0xEED3346E
        beam_rifle,0xEE9E3439
        brute_shot,0xEE0933A4
        needler,0xEB4230DD
        sentinel_beam,0xEEF1348C
        covenant_carbine,0xEC673202
        fuel_rod_cannon,0xEDA2333D
        plasma_grenade,0xEA4B2FE6
    • Vehicles
      • wraith,0xE8882E23
        ghost,0xE7022C9D
        spectre,0xE9242EBF
        banshee,0xE6382BD3

• Other
    • Turrets
      • plasma_turret,0xE84D2DE8
        chaingun,0xE77D2D18
        warthog_chaingun,0xE5172AB2
        warthog_gauss,0xE5E12B7C
    • Ammunition
      • br_ammo,0xEAAE3049
        needler_ammo,0xEAB63051
        magnum_ammo,0xEAC0305B
        rocket_launcher_ammo,0xEA963031
        shotgun_ammo,0xEAC83063
        smg_ammo,0xEAD0306B
        sniper_rifle_ammo,0xEA8D3028
    • Equipment
      • active_camo,0xEA73300E
        over_shield,0xEA873022
    • Misc. Items
      • assult_bomb,0xEE3433CF
        ball,0xEE5233ED
        flag,0xEE5F33FA
    • Bipeds
      • masterchief_mp,0xF28C3826
        arbiter,0xF26B3805
        elite_mp,0xF29A3834
I
I
I

Attachments

Last edited:
May 15, 2017
Gamertag
luisxdlol1
I have to press the command key and then put the $ symbol and the command? for example $ spawnnear

I think the console does not allow me to put the $ symbol

Mar 9, 2019
Gamertag
Dr Dualech
Does any of this work for games created in the server browser (i.e., 'Create New Game' button at the top)? The in-game console doesn't allow for shift-combos and alt-codes. If not, is there a way to kick players without having to run a dedicated server?

Last edited:

mills

Staff
Project Cartographer Staff
May 10, 2017
Does any of this work for games created in the server browser (i.e., 'Create New Game' button at the top)? The in-game console doesn't allow for shift-combos and alt-codes. If not, is there a way to kick players without having to run a dedicated server?
they mostly only work on your own created games. not sure if kick works in this version (cause it's reverted from previous versions)

Oct 26, 2018
All of this works in a hosted game. As mills said most of these were taken out when 0.5 was reverted so most of these are useless atm. When Live List is back you'll most likely be able to again.

And to answer your question no. You can't kick in this update unless it's in a dedi that you run.

Oct 10, 2019
Gamertag
Tabouret
Dunno if it's the right place to ask, but whenever I try to use a spawn command, the console replies :"Only the server host can use commands", even though I'm in a ame I created. Any ideas ?