Controller button mapping issues

Jan 1, 2019
goodnightdune.com
Gamertag
botch xx
Hi all,

First of all, thank you for your incredible work on bringing h2 multiplayer back online. It's been so good getting back into it after 10 years of not playing!

I'm currently running project cartographer through a wineskin on my mac, but have been having trouble getting a controller to work properly. I'm using a brand new wired Xbox one controller, and more often than not the buttons will go all whack in the middle of a game. For instance, the crouch button will all of a sudden become jump or fire weapon, etc. Other buttons will do the same thing mid-game. Sometimes it will fix itself within a few seconds and other times it does not.

I have the latest xbox controller driver installed, I remapped the buttons manually, and even tried reinstalling the driver, but I'm still having the same issues.

I found through other forums and posts that some people on Linux and even PC were having this same issue but no one has supplied a fix.

Has anyone else run into this and successfully fixed it? I'd hate to be stuck using keyboard/mouse for the rest of eternity...

TIA - bukowski

tweek

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Nov 29, 2013
On Windows, the solution is to turn on /plug in the controller before starting halo 2. Since wineskin is an unsupported configuration, it may or may not work

Jan 1, 2019
goodnightdune.com
Gamertag
botch xx
Thanks Big TwEEkx, I've tried this a few times and it doesn't seem to help. Usually if the controller is not plugged in before starting h2, it won't even recognize it without totally rebooting the program...

Anyone with wineskin experience that might know the right tweak to make it work?