Controller issues with H2V

Jul 11, 2016
So I am having this issue:
I love the original Xbox S Controller so some time ago I soldered an adaptor to USB. Using some drivers I found online and a bit of work I made the controller work on Windows 10. I am also using the cronus max to use it on the Xbox One. So naturally I also wanted to use it with Project Cartographer. I figured H2V would only be compatible with the 360 and the One controller so I used x 360ce to be able to use my S Controller, which has worked really well before. However, I had to discover that H2V somehow used my S Controller without any additional software running. Usually this'd be pretty sick, but sadly the controls are completely messed up (for example right stick doesn't work, clicking sticks is swapped with triggers etc.). So I figured I could just use x 360ce to make appropriate changes to the layout. Sadly, no change that I make in x 360ce is actually applied in h2v. I tried several versions of x 360ce, 32 bit, 64 bit etc. but nothing worked.
The only way I kinda got it to work last night was pretty shitty:
I plugged my S and the cronus max pc cable into my laptop. Plugged the cronus itself into my pc and basically used my laptop to emulate the controller as a 360 controller to my pc. Even though it did work, that's a pretty shitty solution.

tl,dr: Does anyone know how I can either make h2v ignore a controller or what I need to do to make h2v apply the changes that I'm making in x 360ce?
Any help would be really appreciated! Oh and my OS is 64 Bit Windows 10.

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
You need to use a specific version of X360CE that supports Xinput.dll saving (There are specific ones that Halo 2 will use, if in doubt just check em all)

You'll also need to check that each button on said controller is recognised by windows as a unique input, best way to check this will be to go into the 'Setup USB Game Controllers' GUI Window (Just search for that within the startmenu)

I've personally never messed around with the Xbox S Controller, so let us know how it goes!

Jul 11, 2016
Thank you so much! I have been trying to get this to work since I discovered Project Cartographer a couple weeks ago...
Checking all xinput versions in x 360ce fixed the issue. If people are interested, I wouldn't mind writing a guide on how to get a S Controller working with h2v.

May 22, 2016
New Zealand
Gamertag
scorpNZ
Will have look over the next two weeks to see if i can get mine working,i tried a few months back & gave up (can't remember why) , most probably controller error regarding windows not recognizing or some other bs message..lol..

edit: which version do i need the 32bit or 64 x-360ce for halo project cart