!!COOP MODE!! UPDATE!!

supersniper

The lost soul
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
These are the 2 cheat tables that contain all the research from shock120 and myself about co-op.
To view the table notes open in version 5.5
I will post the table notes in spoilers as well.

For the full experience when playing co-op every player must have the values set accordingly, in order to see scripted scenes, animations, AI movement, and load through BSP.

Client Info:
-----Skulls-----
0 = False
1 = True

-----Lobby Privacy-----
0 = open
1 = gold only
2 = invite only
3 = closed

-----Gametype Mode-----
1 = Capture the Flag
2 = Slayer
3 = Oddball
4 = King of the Hill
5 = race (doesn't work)
6 = headhunter (doesn't work)
7 = Juggernaut
8 = Territories
9 = Assault

-----Game Status
0 = ???
1 = loading screen (before post-game lobby)
2 = loading screen (after pre-game lobby)
3 = ???
4 = pre-game lobby, in-game, post-game lobby

-----Pelican (Metropolis)-----
88 = Pelican_d
131 = Warthog_d

-----Engine Mode-----
1 = Campaign
2 = Multiplayer
3 = Mainmenu
4 = Shared
5 = SP Shared

--- Difficulty---
0 = Easy
1 = Normal
2 = Heroic
3 = Legendary

---Co-op---
0 = off
1 = on

---Biped---
0 = masterchief (sp)
1 = arbiter (sp)
2 = spartan (mp)
3 = elite (mp)

---Team (mp/sp)---
0 = red/default
1 = blue/player
2 = yellow/human
3 = green/covenant
4 = purple/flood
5 = orange/sentinel
6 = brown/heretic
7 = pink/prophet
255 = observer

SP level team settings
01a = masterchief, 2
01b = masterchief, 2
03a = masterchief, 2
03b = masterchief, 2
04a = arbiter, 3
04b = arbiter, 3
05a = masterchief, 2
05b = masterchief, 2
06a = arbiter, 3
06b = arbiter, 3
07a = masterchief, 2
07b = masterchief, 2
08a = arbiter, 3
08b = arbiter, 3

-----AI-----
0 = False
1 = True
Dedicated Server Info:
---Co-op---
0 = off
1 = on

-----Skulls-----
0 = False
1 = True

-----Engine Mode-----
1 = Campaign
2 = Multiplayer
3 = Mainmenu
4 = Shared
5 = SP Shared

-----Privacy-----
0 = open
1 = gold only
2 = VIP
3 = closed

-----Game Status-----
0 = ???
1 = ???
2 = ???
3 = loading screen (after pregame lobby)
4 = in-game

-----Gametype Mode-----
1 = Capture the Flag
2 = Slayer
3 = Oddball
4 = King of the Hill
5 = race (doesn't work)
6 = headhunter (doesn't work)
7 = Juggernaut
8 = Territories
9 = Assault

--- Difficulty---
0 = Easy
1 = Normal
2 = Heroic
3 = Legendary

---Team MP/SP---
0 = red/default
1 = blue/player
2 = yellow/human
3 = green/covenant
4 = purple/flood
5 = orange/sentinel
6 = brown/heretic
7 = pink/prophet
255 = observer

---Biped---
0 = masterchief (sp)
1 = arbiter (sp)
2 = spartan (mp)
3 = elite (mp)

SP level team settings
01a = masterchief, 2
01b = masterchief, 2
03a = masterchief, 2
03b = masterchief, 2
04a = arbiter, 3
04b = arbiter, 3
05a = masterchief, 2
05b = masterchief, 2
06a = arbiter, 3
06b = arbiter, 3
07a = masterchief, 2
07b = masterchief, 2
08a = arbiter, 3
08b = arbiter, 3

-----AI-----
0 = False
1 = True
[hidden]
[/hidden]

Attachments

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
Yah thanks Now I understood why When one is client he is unable to hear ai dialogs or see Ai animations clearly or unable to pass through BSp
Thank you very Much ;)
well you mean these addreses (AI Dialogs or Animations) are for CLients to enable them or when I am hosting justI need to Enable them?

ANd also what do i do so that Clients also See the scenes,Cinematics?

supersniper

The lost soul
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
the connection host needs to enable them first, so they can sync, but clients also need to enable them so they can visually see them and pass through BSP loading spots.

Cinematics, and cut scenes I have not figured out how to get to work with non connection host players. So far only the co-host gets to see them.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
I wonder what would happen if the cinematics were set to play nothing (like the tag was invalid or just didn't point to anything), would it skip or crash?

And if it kept playing without a crash then perhaps that would help with Co-Op be more stable.

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
hey guys coop on dedi is little broken.
i wont be available(programming stuff)for some months due to my class 10th exams.so no updates.
metamorpolis,outskirts and other non working maps have client problems.
in outskirts , metamorpolis cliet is spawned in the host's game.the client is not spawned in his game.the commands given by the client that is movement keys and other stuff is transmited tothe server and the game runs well on server except the blind co player.

Kantanomo

Dev
Feb 14, 2013
Gamertag
H2Bot
I havent read the whole topic so you may already know this but..

To get co-op dedi to work properly you need a client app that forces the player onto correct team and switches their biped. You can change them on the server but it will not sync onto the client. You also need to edit the map with gravemind, or do it realtime to change the main biped to mp_biped if i remember correctly

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
Regret cooop :: To have regret work correctly when started a game with regret loaded ,as soon as the please wait screen goes,press escape so that u dont crash then invite other person and even tell him to press escape as soon as possible . Then do the steps for coop and it should work good.And for perfect AI synch enable all the 3 AI adresses both in host and client computer. The Ai adresses will be located in the Coop.ct 's in the previous page oe page 3 of this post

Oct 30, 2015
France
Gamertag
YunZhaelor
Hello there, can anyone clarify the situation about coop? Does it play well or if only certain levels, how many of them work? and finally is that mod still being worked on?

I'd be glad if anyone give me answers :)

Nov 17, 2015
Gamertag
Calibyrne
I'm going to be trying it too, will see how it goes, from what I've read here it seems pretty complicated but playable

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
Only a Few levels Work and are still bugged
Ones that work nice are:
Delta HALO,QUarantine ZOne,Uprising
Ones that are bugged are:
The arbiter,Oracle,Regret,The Great JOurney ,Armory

TO host Regret:
the host needs to pause the game(press Escape) as soon as it has loaded the map and see the sky or water(and alone only)
then invite other guy (s)
and tell him also to pause the game when he sees the sky or water
Now follow the procedure as in tutorial.txt

PNill

Lead Dev
Oct 25, 2015
Gamertag
TDxPermaNulled
I've been randomly working on fixing a lot of the known issues about this, and testing various things.

I'm pretty sure the bugged levels can be fixed easily, the AI doesn't sync very well and I've already eliminated the whole camera in the sky deal for the host but it's still a bit of a process to get the 2nd player in.

Oct 30, 2015
France
Gamertag
YunZhaelor
good to know, coop can be improved by your work, let us know whenever you have things that could potentially improve coop, I've been wanting to do Halo coop on PC for so long :D

PNill

Lead Dev
Oct 25, 2015
Gamertag
TDxPermaNulled
I've already done some work which has improved it slightly, but haven't had much time to do research on it.

Now I'll be gone till Sunday for holidays meaning development will be on hold till then ;)

However, the progress I did make was pretty good I'm starting to think it's possible the cut-scene loops we were hitting was due to the other player being on another team now that I see kantanomo's mention to that.. I still ran into obvious AI sync issues but for now I'm trying to resolve the over all process of having players join/quit or restart maps to get them both into it flawlessly.

I was close before I stopped working on it, I had it to a point where host started map.. 2nd player joined (knocked them back to lobby), host started again without 2nd player, 2nd player joins again and it just works (All of the above with no external app running just my xlive.dll, and host nor 2nd player had to do anything them selves).

Now once I solve the cut-scene loop and fix some obvious crashes it should work fine the first time but we'll see.

In general the Crash which happens appears to be something on the server end isn't spawning a specific network transport object to handle some kind of synchronization, not really sure what it is yet but I plan to add validation to at the very least prevent the crash and see what happens.