Disable music in campaign?

Jan 23, 2017
Gamertag
General Heed
I've been using Assembly to try to disable the soundtrack in Halo 2, particularly for the cinematic cutscenes. I've had some level of success by unchecking all the flags for every in the music folder for cinematics. However, while it works for a lot of cutscenes, some of them still retain music from gameplay and others have gameplay music that starts mid cutscene. So I tried unchecking the flags for everything tagged under music in a scenario file hoping it would disable all soundtracks during both gameplay and cutscenes, however that seems to have no effect at all and the game still plays the soundtracks. Does anyone know of another way to disable the music or perhaps is there another place where the music is stored that I need to go to in Assembler to disable it?

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
I remember KillsAlone disabling music in some of his campaign mods, I'll try and look through some of his readme files and see if he left how he did it.

Jan 23, 2017
Gamertag
General Heed
Sod said:
That's... awesome!
Well done, very nice video.
Thanks! I did it with Halo 1 and 3 as well if you want to check those out too. Fortunately those games didn't require any modding to remove the soundtrack haha. I only wish I could say the same about Halo Reach, 4 and 5 :(