glitches in campaign, multiplayer and other issues. please help

SR388

Members
Nov 8, 2018
Hi there! I installed project cartographer, but i'm having some problems and I would like to know if anyone knows how to fix it.

When I created a profile and all that, it did say that I was online, but I wanted to test the game and set the controls first. So I headed over to campaign first and this is where issues started arising. first even on the highest mouse sensitivity, my turning and moving was still rather sluggish, but it was still playable. next i ran into the issue where my screen goes black and sometimes spazes out in some areas of the maps. this same issue even happens in the multiplayer too at some points.

now I don't know whether its because of the many problems of halo 2 vista, it could be because I have windows 8.1 instead of windows 10 or 7 or it could be that I need to install additional software to my laptop.

for any more information about my laptop here is the basic details:
1541752703585.png

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
Please read the faq before posting
Markdown (GitHub flavored):
## How can I eliminate game stuttering / input lag?

Try any combination of these options:

* If your mouse input feels slow / laggy, make sure your FPS is limited to 60. Modern graphics cards run the game at 400 fps which is not supported at all by the game engine.
* Switch to windowed mode through the in-game video settings page
* Disable the in game fps limiter (fps_limit = 0 in halo2config.ini) and use an external frame limiter such as Rivatuner Statistics Server to limit halo2.exe to 60 fps
* Change vsync settings, either through graphics control panel or by adding -novsync to the Halo 2 shortcut.
* On Windows 10, go to exe properties, click the "Compatibility" tab and disable full screen optimizations
* Set compatibility mode to "Windows Vista Service Pack 2" (this will break reshade mod)
* Assign CPU affinity of halo2.exe to something thats not CPU 0 or 1 using Task Manager

SR388

Members
Nov 8, 2018
hi their and thanks for helping me!

minimizing the screen to windows mode sure did stop the screen flickering, however for some reason there is no
halo2config.ini in the files, I don't know why its not there.

Nov 8, 2018
hi, I couldn't find it in the listed location. is there a way I could make the config file? because Iv'e done that before with a couple of other games, so just wondering if that's a possibility.