Good tidings my dudes

Dec 29, 2018
Gamertag
cool29801
Cool29801 here. You may know me from my Chaos Servers that I run from time to time. (Where Frag grenades throw rockets in random directions and plasma nades are wraith shots.) I hope you have enjoyed the servers and games as much as I have over the years.

Many years ago frolicking in my teenage years at the height of Halo 2, I encountered and befriended 2 hackers who took a liking to me after I let them try my custom map projects before they released on Halomaps.org. In return, they let me exclusively guinea pig their private hack builds. Years of epic phat modded dedi-servers went on, until the death of H2V. Come Project Cartographer years later, I was enthusiastic to see these hacking tools still worked in my custom Chaos lobbies, despite the mentioned anti-cheat measures. Though I figured PJ had long been abandon, I did keep my hacking relatively minimal, used to brighten peoples days when they see funny mods that should not be possible and start conversations... Never to troll with aimbots and server crashers.

I let my excitement get the best of me 2 days ago, and followed a player over to an ouside server, answering hack questions and demonstrating certain aspects to a couple curious people. (color changing, projectile manipulation, Santa's Super Special Christmas sleigh-ride, etc..). I figured my hacks and mods were being used for group entertainment, but one Dev joined in a bit late and was perturbed about it. I offered to share these private exploiting apps for him to presumably reverse engineer, but the offer was met with a ban... I did attempt a discord conversation, only to be named, shamed, career-mocked, and then banned from the discord.

So now we're here. Having a full understanding of what is unacceptable and intolerable bannable offenses, I'd like to appeal the ban and give H2PJ another go, but within the rules. I would like to make amends in good faith by offering these private hacks that I've used over the years to the devs. (However useful or non-useful they may be for creating further anti-cheat measures...) To my knowledge, only 2 other people have ever had these hacks, and I'm pretty sure the original creator is in jail right now. It would damn well be news to me if these seemingly exclusive apps where out in the wild for others to use.

I'm open to discussion about the issue and hacks involved either here, or directly over discord.
Glad tidings to all!
-cool29801
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TL;DNR:
Had fun hacking with others on a game I thought was abandon.
Game isn't abandon and has an online community that I now want to be part of as I didn't know they existed.
Merry Christmas.
Offering trade in good faith for unban rather than disrespecting the ban by attempting to sneak around it.

Oct 26, 2018
Yo you were they guy name hacking in my game, when I said "what if you get banned" you said "i can just unban myself"

cap1.PNG
cap2.PNG

Last edited:

Glitchy Scripts

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Apr 9, 2013
GlitchyScripts.com
If you had even bothered reading the Terms of Service OR THE ACTIVATION EMAIL and I quote:
Important Warning:
Do not cheat in online games! Unless allowed in the game server's rules, cheating/hacking/modding is not tolerated. If you are caught cheating you will face a cheating ban. Bans may be disputed with administrators however depending on the violation your request may be denied! Of all the kinds of cheats out there, aimbotting and name hacking are considered the most unacceptable and will result in instant bans.
You would know that name hacking is absolutely unacceptable. In the real world when you pen-test or hack someone's system in order to help them with security issues etc. You ask for permission. Not forgiveness after the fact.
Congratulations, you played yourself.

Dec 29, 2018
Gamertag
cool29801
Well, I was hoping we could work it out. I figured H2PrCt was abandon years ago after the servers were conquered by the Spanish... (Hence my surprise to seeing an actual community of english speakers and recent update to Cartographer.)

My original trade offer still stands if it serves any sort of benefit to you guys. I would prefer to play under my original name and try to reclaim my honor with this community from the ground up and contribute.. But full disclosure, I am able to play under a different name and setup.. I don't like having to sneak around it; It's cowardice, and doesn't give me a chance to get to know the community.. But if there's absolutely no road to redemption and it's the only way I can play some good ol' H2v from time to time, then I'll take it and run with it as a second chance.

Dec 22, 2018
Gamertag
[Clow]Mr Zameg
Well, I was hoping we could work it out. I figured H2PrCt was abandon years ago after the servers were conquered by the Spanish... (Hence my surprise to seeing an actual community of english speakers and recent update to Cartographer.)

My original trade offer still stands if it serves any sort of benefit to you guys. I would prefer to play under my original name and try to reclaim my honor with this community from the ground up and contribute.. But full disclosure, I am able to play under a different name and setup.. I don't like having to sneak around it; It's cowardice, and doesn't give me a chance to get to know the community.. But if there's absolutely no road to redemption and it's the only way I can play some good ol' H2v from time to time, then I'll take it and run with it as a second chance.
hi !
(sorry for my english)

im banned too for MOD games, the difference was that I used the mods in my own games, my lobby, forget in a game to place the variant with the legend MOD in the title and I get a ban

I was reading a lot in the forums and found that the ban for offenses against the game range from 7 days to 60 days

so you must have patience, ask for an apology or appeal and wait patiently

you should also keep in mind that only 2 bans are allowed, the first is temporary, the second is permanent

my advice is that you wait, the imbalance will come and be very careful, read the rules as they provide many clues about what can and can not be done, even if you are modder, be very careful as you can

respect the rules and do not skip any since you run a big risk and the cartographer's team has a fairly complex and strict ban system

Greetings and be patient, your maximum ban will be 60 days, if it was a minor offense it will take 7 days, they never tell you how long you're banned unless you ask for a good apology

tweek

Dev
Nov 29, 2013
Sorry OP, you dont get second chances, especially when caught name hacking

Jun 4, 2018
Shadow Moses, Alaska
Gamertag
That Sky Guy
Hello,

Although you make a valid point, no developer should have to change their game just to serve people who are 'curious'. Regardless of the circumstances and regardless of why people cheat, it is not allowed. You are warned from the first couple times you start the game and then every time after to NOT cheat, and yet people do it. If you do something wrong, you will suffer the consequences. There is no justification for rule-breaking.

I get where you're coming from. I do. But bottom line: If you knowingly break the rules or violate a community's guidelines, then you knowingly except the outcome.

divine1gore

Staff
Jan 12, 2019
Washington State, USA
Gamertag
divine1gore
I mean like the guy said he is just going to play with a different setup so you aren't really stopping him, just preventing him from using that account. I do understand why the admins are so strict about banning though, because implementing a good anti-cheat system would probably take a lot more time, and take focus away from adding useful features to people who want to play the game fairly. And it IS a slippery slope fallacy that they are using which is essentially that if they are lenient then hackers will think they are lenient so they may hack and think there will be no consequences, but clearly the reality is they aren't lenient--so make sure to inlcude hack/mod/glitches in your game variant on your own server if you do want to use them, and don't do it on a server that isn't clearly marked as such. Easy peazy, oh and read the dang disclaimers like serrriously.

Jun 4, 2018
Shadow Moses, Alaska
Gamertag
That Sky Guy
I mean like the guy said he is just going to play with a different setup so you aren't really stopping him, just preventing him from using that account. I do understand why the admins are so strict about banning though, because implementing a good anti-cheat system would probably take a lot more time, and take focus away from adding useful features to people who want to play the game fairly. And it IS a slippery slope fallacy that they are using which is essentially that if they are lenient then hackers will think they are lenient so they may hack and think there will be no consequences, but clearly the reality is they aren't lenient--so make sure to inlcude hack/mod/glitches in your game variant on your own server if you do want to use them, and don't do it on a server that isn't clearly marked as such. Easy peazy, oh and read the dang disclaimers like serrriously.
Hello Divine,

Your post is spot on. First thing my wife says every single time we boot the game up is, "How do people complain about being punished for cheating even though there are plenty of warnings every time you start the game?"