Public thread #1
Public thread #1
The Github stuff for the smart people. Get the fuck out if you don't know what a .sln file is.
The only thing you will need. Just grab the launcher below and you can get to work.
What's a H2Codez? H2Codez is a DLL that expands the capabilities of your map editor(H2EK). Think the H2MT tools except it doesn't crash your shit, it's properly done, and it goes even further than what the H2MT tools offer. Just a quick rundown of the feature list here shamelessly stolen from the Github.
- Some H2Tool commands restored. (model-collision, model-physics)
- Basic render model import method (BSP conversion)
- Restored JMS import function. Can import both CE JMS and JMSv2
- Tag restrictions removed in H2Guerilla
- Some hardcoded limits have been increased/removed. (BSP 2D checks, BSP 3D checks, BSP max depth, ASS/JMS 20 MB limit)
- Increased FPS in H2Sapien (hardware TCL/vertex processing)
- Open as text has been restored and will open a temp text file with the source text inside. Buttons labeled as "open as text" have been relabeled as "export as text".
- Several AI related commands and script globals restored. ai_place and such work as intended.
- Baggage.txt command now usable and no longer causes a crash.
- HS_doc added to H2Sapien and H2Guerilla drop down menu. Modified to include script globals.
- New input box for commands in H2Sapien to replace console. Allows copy and paste.
- New command that allows use of lost misc commands. See extra-commands in H2Codez manual.
- Rich Presence has been added to the toolset. (Discord integration)
- Allows compiling of scenario types other than multiplayer.
- Support editing larger scripts.
- Add "New Instance" menu item to H2Guerilla and H2Sapien.
- Removed limitation on multiple H2Sapien instances (may be unstable).
- Added copy (ctrl + c), paste (ctrl + v) and clear (delete) support to H2Sapien console, paste replaces the whole line.
- File browser has been changed so that Windows versions 7 and below can access the favorites tab and such from the file selection menu.
- High level of detail by default in H2Sapien (enabling decorations, env maps, overlays and shadows)
- New bitmap command that allows the user to have the type set on first import.
- Nvidia process name hack to fix issues.
- Ability to use multiple instances of tool to cut down on lightmap times. (Halo 2 Xbox light farms basically.)
- Real time tag editing. Most edits done in H2Guerilla or H2tool will show up in H2Sapien
- Custom fly speed.
- Command to repair extracted bitmaps
- Command to repair extracted lightmaps
- Command to dump tags as XML files to easily compare tag values
- Experimental pathfinding mesh method
- Unit playtest mode. Spawns a player letting you test how something would work with one/seeing the map from an in-game point of view. (no movement).
- Some misc changes and fixes.
This mod first requires you to have the first public release version of the map editor. That means that if you updated your toolset to the latest version you will have to reinstall the tools from a vanilla ISO. Once you do that place the launcher you can download from the third link in the links section and place it in the Halo 2 Map Editor root directory. Running it will download the latest H2Codez DLL as well as patch the exes to the toolset to automatically load this DLL when they are launched. This is the last step. You can now go free and explore what new information you may find.
Manual for H2Codez
Manual for the Blender export script with BSP geometry
Manual for the Blender export script with instance geometry
Building the DLL from source
If you want to build H2Codez from the Github then just download the source and build it in Visual Studio 2015.
Kornmann00 for his original research into the toolset
Himanshu01 for the creation of H2Codez
Num005(Ale) for contributing to H2Codez and the creation of the H2Codez launcher
Cyboryxmen for his modified JMS export script known as Waltzstreet
TheGhost/CtrlAltDestroy for the modified JMS exporter known as JMS_Exporter_v1-0-3