(H2V Back Online!) - Project Cartographer - Release Date

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
Kills Alone said:
PNill, when you have the chance can you throw up a few H2.5 maps on a server and see if they work.

H2.5 maps can have new assets like custom bipeds/vehicles/huds. I wanted to run it on our servers back in the day but we had an issue on the server side, from what I recall the server did not recognize the mod but the clients did, so we could not get it running on a dedi.

See these threads for more details: MAPS - H2MT - Halo 2.5 Collection - Updated & Remixed & MOD - H2MT - Halo 2.5 - Game+ Pack for Halo 2 PC

I compiled a lot of new assets into the H2.5 maps, my plan was to make more based on what the community wanted to play.

Seeing as the H2MT Repository is currently down there seems to be a bit of confusion; I'll re-upload the maps & mods here later tonight: H2MT H2v - OneDrive

I really am curious if we can get H2.5 to work online with dedis. We could create our own ISO, or own installer that came preloaded with Project Lazarus & the H2.5 maps, the standard custom maps, Project Cartographer, some mod/gameplay enhancements, and then make a torrent and get people playing Halo 2 again. That was always part of the plan with capitalizing on stuff like MF.dll; to free H2v from MS/G4WL, make it free/distribute it via torrent thus avoiding any hosting related legal issues, and make it more customization options possible with the maps/tools included OR the ability to remove the map restriction limit.

Kills, if you create a dedicated server solely for the purpose of testing Project Lazarus, then im totally down for that!

And if Project Lazarus is compatible with Project Cartographer, then we could create a community Halo 2 PC ISO to distribute instead of the standard version. This means you could have 2 editions, Halo 2 PC Standard, and Halo 2 PC Enhanced. The ISO idea is a brilliant idea imo

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
I would host, but my bandwidth is really, really terrible, especially my upload. I just need someone else to host a few maps then another player to join and test if they mesh and if the server can host them in the first place.

Mar 10, 2016
SEVENGE said:
I think I've got mine working now. Just redownloaded the .dll files and then restarted my computer.

Denal said:
Hi. I have installed the launcher in game folder. But when I try open the NETWORK option (in game), I can't see any servers. Please help.
Have you got both MF.dll and xlive.dll in the game folder also? Maybe just make sure you have the latest updates for the new launcher and do a restart too :)
No. I don't have this files in game folder. Can you tell me what excatly I need to download ? Maybe you can give me the right link ? :D
Thanks.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
An issue I encountered was when closing the game it will freeze, I am sure you are aware of this issue. It can be closed via Task Manager then arrow keys down to the executable then the Delete key.

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
Kills Alone said:
An issue I encountered was when closing the game it will freeze, I am sure you are aware of this issue. It can be closed via Task Manager then arrow keys down to the executable then the Delete key.

Of Course :p

As for the Closing issue, I found that using an Older Build (With detailed console information, this only benefits me :p ) said issue isn't prevalent. I believe that the current Xlive.dll uses both the gungame code and the new current coded solution. Either way, the actual code of the Xlive.dll is preventing the game from terminating the process properly. One thing I found while using the 'Launcher Build', was that if the debug window was enabled and players tabbed into the console, then the game should be able to close properly once the console was terminated.

As for current issues, FishPhD's H2online launcher is broken, it will not download a new Xlive.dll. It will however issue the H2PC update, but it won't issue the dll. Even running the game as a admin won't solve this issue. I will be talking to Fish to sort this problem out. Maybe add the H2PC Official updater.exe on to http://www.h2v.online/download/ so people will have to download the update AND the launcher, rather than relying on the launcher to download the update.

If you would like the build that has the detailed console, then hit me up with a PM, Kills.
Also, You should join the Halo online discord.
Ts.h2pc.org has gone down, and most of us has moved over there to talk about Project Cartographer. We also talk about Eldewrito, so again join this discord Kills!

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
There is a new version up, have to see if it updates for me. EDIT: Yep, I see what you mean, thanks for the tip about debug mode and the console, so you just close the console and that close Halo 2 right? Makes sense, I had a feeling it was a Live issues where it expects something to be happening like the profile be saved and logged off.

I will be in voice chat again soon, waiting on a new headset mic, been meaning to stop by and ask what tools they suggest for H: O mapping (BSP) besides what I already have.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
The line of people who have tried to topple the great H2v is so long its now trailing outside the building.

Typically its someone who seeks revenge of some type or just likes to see the world burn. Same thing happens on H: O pretty often. Hell, I got DDOSed for asking someone not to upload some test maps to Halomaps, had to setup a beta test group just for the purpose.

The question is who would give a shit now after all these years (I can think of a few people) and the lack of Live, it could be a random hacker or it could be someone from the past. Either way it will let up, DDOSing makes for attention, attention from ISPs, it also costs power & money, it will not last.

NukeULater

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Mar 20, 2016
Gamertag
NukeULater6558
I'm preety sure my network isn't configured bad.I can host Halo Custom Edition Dedicated Server and,also,on Halo 2V i can host games,and people can join me.But after loading the map,i get that error.I don't know why. :(
Also,my OS is Windows 7.I tried disabling firewall,port foward again,still the same result. :(

NukeULater

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Mar 20, 2016
Gamertag
NukeULater6558
I actually tried this.Still the same result.A few months ago i tried first project cartographer release and it was working.I think i was using Windows 8.1 .
But it should work,i have 200mbps internet speed.

I have the server to host this Project. If someone can reply with some sort of "tutorial" I would be more than happy to host a dedicated server on le machine.

Specs:
Intel Xeon CPU E3-1271 v3 @3.60 Ghz (4 cores)
32gb DDR3
Gigabit Internet (Usually hits 700 - 800 mbps up and down)
Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard.

Mar 20, 2016
I wonder if its possible for the devs of this program to disable the "Press X to delay game" feature for servers running the program. As of right now, all it will take to halt a server indefinitely is a bot (or an equivalently lonely person) that can press X every 7 or so seconds.

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
Any server hosted by Tweek should load instantly.
As for the X to delay game, if you spam both A + Enter, it will speed up the countdown and make it so its more harder for people to delay.
Yeah, people are idiots for delaying cause they want to play their stupid gametype. Its incredibly infuriating, especially when it happens on your player hosted game. AND there's no player boot functions in the LAN Browser... :|

Hopefully there will be a vote kick command or map voting. Again, its one of the many ideas and concepts that could be possible for Project Cartographer