Halo 2 crash at launch

Feb 12, 2016
Gamertag
SpartanB37
Hi guys!
When i launch the game, it's start normally but during the "Halo 2 loadscreen", the game crash.
No error message, no black screen, i simply be kick off and return to desktop. I don't have install any mod, even project cartographer.
What i should do?

PNill

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Oct 25, 2015
Gamertag
TDxPermaNulled
SpartanB37 said:
No
If you mean Bungie intro, it doesn't appear
You're not running in linux or anything right?

How have you installed the game? Did you have a ISO an actual CD did you download it from (NOSTeam) etc... maybe you have a corrupt copy.

May 22, 2016
New Zealand
Gamertag
scorpNZ
other options to check:
update graphics driver
update direct x
check you have the microsoft redistributal package,i think its 2008 ? or whatever package is required.
after installing halo you need to run the update not the h2vonline but the official microsoft one here
http://h2v.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=2232

you need i think the .net framework as well but i cannot remember the version

do all above after re-downloading a new copy of halo use the cartographer version

edit:if still no good most probably pay to do a disk check with seagate seatools for windows (run a short & long generic test) its in menu bar under basic.Tick the box next to your hard drive that gets listed it will then un-grey the basic test.i mention this software as its easy to see & you can see results as it runs & just in case you have installed halo on some bad blocks

Feb 12, 2016
Gamertag
SpartanB37
I'm on Windows 10 x64, i've installed the game normally, with the guide of Yoshiina (o something like that, you know him), without use Project Cartographer or H2Shark, because i want to do some achievements first.
I don't think is driver problem or similar, because i'm playing Halo 2 by one month ago or plus.
So, no HDD trouble, no installation error, no strange OS, simply one random day, the game starts to crash everytime.

May 22, 2016
New Zealand
Gamertag
scorpNZ
Did you get it sorted

If it was running before then something has changed or missing.You'll have to fault find & the best way to do that is start again,by that i mean delete the install of halo 2 ,reboot & run ccleaner & use the registry button to remove left over entries.Then reinstall,that's what i normally do.The reason is you don't know if there's corruption or not.

Other option is do a roll back if you installed any updates for win 10 recently,they could've broken something

the only time i recall a crash like that was using the nosTeam iso.I think i fixed it by updating the game with the official 2007 update