Halo 2 Freezes/Crashes

Jun 16, 2014
I have been having a problem where halo 2 will only run for a couple minutes then all the sudden it freezes weather Im going to multiplayer or campaign. If I press buttons I can still hear the shwoosh sound of the menus in the background but Im just stuck looking at a freeze frame. It happens every time I load up the game.

I used to play halo 2 without any problems at all but I haven't played in a little bit (months) and I have just gotten back on recently. When I got on recently I signed in with my xbox account and then it said there was an update so I updated and now this happens. In my troubleshooting I actually uninstalled what got updated and went back into the game loaded up campaign and it played fine with no freezes. But I couldn't sign into xbox live because you need the update to play online. Playing online is the number one reason I have H2V in the first place. If someone could help me fix my problem that would be awesome. Oh and btw I have a nvidia gt540m which I read somewhere had problems with h2v but like I said "before this update" I had no problems.

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
as far as i know it should load, it tends to "crash" sometimes when loading, but then load perfectly fine with out touching anything and let it do its thing lol...

But if you have win8... the 8.1 update seems to crash the game constantly with no fix in sight and even 343i knows about it..... unfortunately they will not be updating the game so who knowz atm...

but i dont know what is going on with yours though lol

H2PC latest update try installing this... it may help installing the new udpates for you, but who knows if it will help :/ it could be something wrong on 343i/M$ side :/ ill see if i can send out a msg to bsangel and 343i

Jun 16, 2014
| SCRAPY | said:
as far as i know it should load, it tends to "crash" sometimes when loading, but then load perfectly fine with out touching anything and let it do its thing lol...

But if you have win8... the 8.1 update seems to crash the game constantly with no fix in sight and even 343i knows about it..... unfortunately they will not be updating the game so who knowz atm...

but i dont know what is going on with yours though lol

H2PC latest update try installing this... it may help installing the new udpates for you, but who knows if it will help :/ it could be something wrong on 343i/M$ side :/ ill see if i can send out a msg to bsangel and 343i
Well I don't have windows 8 so that isn't it. But upon further testing I updated the drivers on my graphics card. Now when I start the game It gets to the "User Experience May Change" screen but its just black. Once I do a ctrl alt del the screen changes from black and the sign in screen opens. I then can sign in and join a game. Once I join a game I can do stuff for about 10 seconds then the game starts lagging and halo 2 crashes. No more freeze frame just straight crash.

Besides the nvidia card I mentioned earlier I also have an interal intel graphics chip on my laptop. I changed some settings so my intel chip is the graphics processor that runs halo 2. I then started halo 2 and got no black screen at the "User Experience May Change" screen and I signed in etc. I then joined a mp game and this time the game crashed at loading the map. I then restarted and tried joining a game with the intel graphics again and it loaded this time but after a few seconds in the game I got the freeze frame problem again. I could hear people shooting and everything but all I see is a still screen.

So theres that lol