Halo 2 High Resolution/Frame Rate Thread

tweek

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Nov 29, 2013
Resolution
  • Halo 2 in windowed mode can support almost any resolution that matches your desktop.
  • To achieve this, make sure Halo 2 starts in windowed mode, and the press the Windows Key and Up Arrow on your keyboard at the same time to maximize the Halo 2 window.
    • There are issues that can occur, such as broken menus, missing text, improper scaling and other weird bugs
  • If the game appears to be pixelated / scaled improperly, press Win+Down arrow to restore the original window dimensions and Win+Up arrow again. This bug seems to occur if you make resolution changes during a loading screen.
  • If the game window is over 1289 vertical pixels, the in game kill feed text disappears. One solution we found is to replace the font table with a different version. (I'm sure there are more elegant solutions, but this works for me on a 1440p screen)
    • Download these files, copy them and overwrite (make a backup first) font_table.txt in
      [Halo 2 folder] / maps / fonts

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2018
Have you tried this on a 2160p display? Whenever I use this font at 2160p some of the text is cut off, and some of it does not show up at all. Is there any fix for playing at this resolution?

tweek

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Nov 29, 2013
Have you tried this on a 2160p display? Whenever I use this font at 2160p some of the text is cut off, and some of it does not show up at all. Is there any fix for playing at this resolution?
Do the font fix from the first post

May 20, 2018
Gamertag
MrEWhite
The font fix works if I'm not in borderless windowed mode, but the second I turn on borderless windowed, the kill feed disappears.

Aug 11, 2018
es que cuando entras al juego vas a red, dise crear una partida, yo la creo, mi amigo encuentra mi partida creada y no puede entrar