HALO 2 : Moving saves from a jumpdrive and back.

Mar 26, 2019
Gamertag
MiStervonDOS
OK I managed to get halo 2 to run on flashdrive. (with a few hiccups)

Ive made a (loooonnnngggg) batch file to put the save files in their respective spot before the game runs, copy back and clean up when game finishes.
Via cmd with xcopy

The good news is the game "sees" all the save files

The Bad news: Lets just say that computer 2 says "file damaged" that came from computer 1, And the one made by computer 1 "damaged file" that came from computer 2

Even though the the saves work fine on their respective computer, they do not on others.:(

It says in this Thread:

https://www.halo2.online/threads/halo-2-saved-game-profiles-and-variants-transfer.2634/

"All future Cartographer updates will have this encryption disabled (0.4.0.4 still has encryption), and therefore any new profiles and saves that are created can be transferred to another computer/profile. "
Your awesome PNill :cool:

I hope this is not the case.

As of right now I have version 1.5.0.0 on the thumbdrive

Help from Big Tweek or anyone on Halo 2 online will be much appreciated

Mar 26, 2019
Gamertag
MiStervonDOS
wow that was fast
that is what it said in the file description
cartographer_installer_1.5.exe

tweek

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Nov 29, 2013
What was the cartographer version ( in game top left text ) when you created the saves? The cartographer installer version is not the same as the cartographer version

Mar 26, 2019
Gamertag
MiStervonDOS
well I feel well I feel like a dunce and a half. there was no text in the upper left so that means something was wrong. Turned out I got this installer from a place other than this official website. (my bad):confused:

Now now everything is updated the text is in the upper left-hand corner it is version 0.5.28.0 Build Time March 17th 2019 anyway the saves seem to be working as they should now thanks for helping me out.!!! The lesson of the string to make sure you download the installer from the proper channels. And it is definitely possible to play Halo 2 from a thumbdrive with save files if you're willing to build a lengthy batch file script. Thankyou Big Tweek you are my Hero.:cool:

Last edited: