Halo: The Master Chief Collection revealed

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
343 Games has announced Halo: The Master Chief Collection which will contain updated versions of all four core entries in the sci-fi shooter series.

The game will feature a single user-interface all on one disc with which you can play Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3 and Halo 4. An incredible list of games, by all accounts.

Halo 2 will be given "the full anniversary treatment" including the classic multiplayer modes of the original game and the ability to switch between classic and updated visuals. Each game will run in 1080p 60fps in their original engines.

The game will be released on November 11th exclusively for Xbox One and will come packed with access to the Halo 5: Guardians beta. You can view the reveal trailer below.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPGPiSpTw4w[/youtube]

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
From what I've read they are only doing six maps from H2. That is beyond lame when there were so many great H2 MP maps, perhaps they will do DLC MP maps later?

EDIT: Watching the longer video it seems they are doing all the maps? Then I'm not sure what the only six maps thing was about...?...

Other things I don't like about it; SMGs are still the starting weapon (at least in the Ascension video I linked below). We all know that the BR should be starting with Shotgun or SMG secondary, so you have close and mid range covered.

A minor tweak like making the Plasma Pistol able to disable vehicles as it does in later Halos would be a solid non-game breaking change.

I read that all the games would feature 4 player co-op, but then during the Cairo Station video they said H1 & H2 will only support 2 player co-op. :( They did say that all of the Halos will support Forge which is great as Forge was originally created for H2 (as was Theater mode). Of course I want PC version and a real HEK, imagine being able to Forge on your own custom map.

They make a big deal out of 60FPS and Dedicated servers, funny how console players always acted like these features did not matter. And many people are making comments about how this is a first for Halo. Not for HCE and H2v.

During the same video the player/announcer made a comment about Vistas Popping....fuck you Microsoft. Just go fuck yourself.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/6m21KxWWpRU[/youtube]

The graphics do look amazing (Halo 4 engine or a similar graphics engine to HCEA), so I am disappointed that at the very least we do not get a XB360 release of H2A when we known that is possible on that hardware. There is still the chance that they will throw us PC gamers a bone, either was its gonna have an X attached to it.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/XtLBGdykQPU[/youtube]

Mar 15, 2013
It's just complete bullshit any way you slice it. Iirc they promised an update to our game or information on an update to Halo 2. Guess we should have asked which platform they were talking about.

Microsoft hates PC gamers and this only goes to show it even more. What better way to kill US off, than release halo 2 on the Xbox 1 with it's multiplayer? Whi the fucks gonna want to come here to play PC with us when they can Forge on halo 2 maps?!

I hate to say it, but as of this very moment I am officially through with Halo and Microsoft. All my maps and content are going to be purged from my system as I no longer have any reason to care. Halo 2 you were fun while you lasted. And again FUCK YOU MICROSOFT!

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Its pretty annoying from our perspective. Every time the PC versions are mentioned they cringe or cannot even make a complete sentence because inside they all know they are bought men would could deliver a better product but choose to follow the money hats instead.

They couldn't even finish the E3 Demo, they only had infinite resources and eleven years. With the proper H2EK our team could have recreated the E3 Demo map in less then a month. They still have all the original assets, it would take them a short amount of time to fix the BSP/relight it, redo the faulty scripts, replace the models with their newer H2 incarnations, and deliver on that original promise. Perhaps the new cinematics incorporate that scene? Doubtful. New and improved cinematics are great but do not equate to new playable content, we all know that H2 was missing a proper beginning and an ending.

Mar 15, 2013
Thats true Kills. And lets not forget the broken Halo 4 they shipped, likely due to having worked on thiscollection since work on CEA finished. It is quite funny how many players rave and cry about how great Halo 2 was and how much they played it, yet where were these supposed "loyal" halo 2 fans for the PC version? The only thing the PC didnt offer was stats. The clan function was pointless as there are tons of side apps like Xfire that take care of that.

Fuck console fanboys and the piece of ahit they are passing off. They are desteoying the mempry of Halo 2.

Jun 6, 2014
You know, I was kinda afraid the anniversary version was going just to be a graphical and sound upgrades; I really wanted 343 to update the campaign level designs. To me, most of the levels felt claustrophobic. But who knows, maybe the new graphics might help to change that??

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Halo 2: Anniversary Comparisons

http://imgur.com/a/Dstd1

---------

They screwed up when they said no PC exclusive maps unless they specifically meant HCE at that point because this pic shows both District & Uplift:

---------

And some better quality gameplay videos:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdaXMlFXiPY&list=PLnVnWr4MqNWf9iB5dghx0bYIqp8bygCFV&feature=share[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2A2tlKhL50&feature=share&list=PLnVnWr4MqNWf9iB5dghx0bYIqp8bygCFV&index=1[/youtube]

---------

Something I didn't notice before; they added backpack weapons to H2! They said they wanted to keep the original gameplay and while I am not saying this is a terrible change it is none-the-less, a really big change to the H2 gameplay. Hiding that secondary weapon was always an optional part of the game, no longer.

Jun 6, 2014
Something I didn't notice before; they added backpack weapons to H2! They said they wanted to keep the original gameplay and while I am not saying this is a terrible change it is none-the-less, a really big change to the H2 gameplay. Hiding that secondary weapon was always an optional part of the game, no longer.
Really? Where?? I didn't notice.

Also, is it me or did they fixed the grenade velocity and FOV?

Mar 15, 2013
Ahhh so someone else noticed the grenade on Ascension as well. Yes the velocity definitely looked different, and it wasnt just the graphics playing tricks on the eyes. The movement speed of the player seemed a bit off as well.

And it looks like damage may have been adjusted as well. Its never easy to take a banshee down solo like in the Ascension video. Or at least Ive never done it so easy. I know they said each title contains its own original engine that runs on the XB1, but somewhere along the lines there is side loading Megalo or emulation to run the old engine. I wouldnt be surprised to discover various gameplay changes running video of H2a along aside PC video once it releases.

Apr 27, 2013
Cali
IS there like live crap back on h2 anniversary? oh i miss all the cheaters trying to get a cool symbol for rank... and oh boy i miss clans. KSI is amazing...

Apr 6, 2013
Nova Prospekt
www.teh-non.com
Gamertag
Grub Xer0
Twinreaper said:
And it looks like damage may have been adjusted as well. Its never easy to take a banshee down solo like in the Ascension video.
You can stick a banshee with one grenade and it will destroy it.
I'm really excited for the Master Chief Collection, and I will be buy an Xbox One over the next couple of months. I couldn't care less that it's only for the Xbone and not for pc, because Halo was always better to play on consoles, and the pc ports of the game were red headed bastard step children.

You also have to think from a company's perspective. Would you cater to an EXTREMELY small group of people who play Halo 2 on pc, or would you strike at an opportunity to have your current Halo fans to buy your newest console and play the earlier Halo games for the first time? They have also peaked the interest of old school halo fans who will be coming back to relive something they once held dear.

hexthat said:
IS there like live crap back on h2 anniversary? oh i miss all the cheaters trying to get a cool symbol for rank... and oh boy i miss clans. KSI is amazing...
There will be no way to standby because the online will have dedicated servers, no more peer to peer games. They didn't touch the code for halo 2's engine, so crap like the double shot and BXR will be in the game.

supersniper

The lost soul
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
I'm assuming they will be using the latest patched version from bungie's xbox version (1.5). If not then super jumps, butterflies, etc will all be in multiplayer.

Jun 6, 2014
Twinreaper said:
Ahhh so someone else noticed the grenade on Ascension as well. Yes the velocity definitely looked different, and it wasnt just the graphics playing tricks on the eyes. The movement speed of the player seemed a bit off as well.

And it looks like damage may have been adjusted as well. Its never easy to take a banshee down solo like in the Ascension video. Or at least Ive never done it so easy. I know they said each title contains its own original engine that runs on the XB1, but somewhere along the lines there is side loading Megalo or emulation to run the old engine. I wouldnt be surprised to discover various gameplay changes running video of H2a along aside PC video once it releases.
I was talking about the campaign gameplay. Now I'm gonna go look at the Ascension gameplay again xD
I do hope they tweak some things, like the FOV and the shotgun range...

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
we will see what comes to H2PC... :/

they keep blowing me off on twitter...........................lol

so hopefully they will bring something to us on H2PC.....

it looks good so hopefully it will still be good to play.