Halo2online.exe has stopped working...need help(Win7ProfSP2)

Jun 1, 2016
Gamertag
ifyGecko
I am having issues getting the halo 2 online exe(newest version out 0.0.0.7)to run, every time i try to run it (even right click as admin) it just gives a dialogue box that says halo 2 online launcher has stopped working. I have halo 2 installed(working) i have the gfwlivesetup installed for windows games and the latest halo 2 update installed, even read that it is best to do with a clean install of halo 2, did this with all the updates to boot before trying to run the exe file yet it still is giving me issues. I have been at this for about 1.5 hours now and have finally decided to stop searching online and trying stuff myself(sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere but i have failed to see it). Lastly if it helps i am running windows 7 professional service pack 2 64bit.

Jun 1, 2016
Gamertag
ifyGecko
Re: Halo2online.exe has stopped working...need help(Win7Prof

Btw just found a windows 7 fix file and ran it no avail (found on h2v hub home page under downloads) hoping for replies with in the next day or so, I am itching to finally play this game online again!

Jun 1, 2016
Gamertag
ifyGecko

Wow...got it with no help outside realizing i had not completely uninstalled everything i had forgot the .net framework after a COMPLETE clean install of everything this time the .exe launched like a charm.

Jun 1, 2016
Gamertag
ifyGecko

So .net reinstall got the launcher to work ran it clicked play halo loaded but still could not play online(live and network were greyed out) did more searching and just did the manual drag drop copy and replace of the mf.dll xlive.dll and all that good stuff and IT WORKED.....with a minor hick up still....when i launch game it says "the procedure entry point MFAllocateWorkQueueEx could not belocated in the dynamic library MFPlat.dll" i can click ok and the game will play just fine(as far as i can tell)...if any advice exists id take it(done downloaded another mfplat.dll online drag drop copy replace still issue is present) but if not over all oh well in my opinion.

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy

The file should only be called MF.dll
Nothing else
Use this one that is hosted on FishPhD's github:
[click=https://github.com/FishPhd/H2V-Online-Launcher/releases/download/0.0.0.0/MF.dll]MF.dll file for Halo 2 Vista[/click]

Jun 1, 2016
Gamertag
ifyGecko

instead of typing a dang book on this post of all i've just went through in the past 2 hours and 47 minutes, i'll simply say that the "PROPER" solution for anyone having "ANY" (after the advice above removal caused more issues and just crashed the game after just adding the "SAME" MFPlat.dll back) issues with this specific dll is to (as long as you are not running a "N" version of windows) go to c://windows/System32 directory and copy the dll to the halo 2 directory(something might have corrupted it or the one you downloaded to fix it could be corrupted too or who knows what else). If you are running an "N" version of windows this will require additional installation of media foundations (what the mf means in mf.dll and mfplat.dll) software due to a UK lawsuite on microsoft so these versions were released with out this media foundation framework. To find the proper install google your "windows" version "7" along with "media features download".

I now currently have no issues at all with anything on Halo 2 online and AM LOVING IT! Thanks guys!

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone

Fascinating, I was curious when you mentioned MFPlat.dll earlier.

Thanks for posting this info, I'm sure it will be helpful to someone in the future.