HitFix & H2X

divine1gore

Staff
Project Cartographer Staff
Jan 12, 2019
Washington State, USA
Gamertag
divine1gore
I've just been flying around with the assumption that I don't have to add HitFix to my gametypes for a while now since I don't see anyone else doing it and the language for the announcements made it seem like you don't have to -- although it doesn't explicitly state that HitFix is enabled by default. So my question -- is it? And what precisely does H2X do? I'm running it on all the game-types on my dedicated server; and I can't even explain to anyone what it actually does other than the vague ( makes guns more like halo 2 counterparts) : P -- or maybe makes things as if the game was running at 30FPS / tick ? idk

mills

Staff
Project Cartographer Staff
May 10, 2017
in H2X, weapon firerates are adjusted to halo 2 xbox firerates. this is very notable on the carbine or on the battle rifle.

Jan 14, 2019
Gamertag
Yuri Bacon
For the most part, most weapons fire rate gets slowed down. You can see the exact fire rate changes and stuff here (note: thats for version 0.5.1.0 future people who come across this). I don't know what exact units its in, but its probably in seconds. The change is probably most notable on the carbine.