If your game is stuttering or doesn't feel smooth, try this.

Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
UncutFighter
Hey guys, I wanted to make a quick little write up on what I do to resolve my stuttering with the game that is generally caused by the Project Cartographer launcher frame limiter. We are aware that it causes issues and are trying to find another way to do it lol, so here's what I recommend in the mean time.

First go into the launcher settings and disable the Frame Limiter by simply clicking on it and it should grey out.

Next, download and install Dxtory (the trial version is fine if you're only limiting your fps) which can be found here http://exkode.com/dxtory-downloads-en.html .

Any version will do.

Then once installed go to the 3rd from last tab that looks like a green motherboard and select it. Then simply look to the bottom for "Limit Video FPS", type 60 in the box and check it.

Then all you simply need to do is just make sure that you run Dxtory when you start H2V! Capture.PNG Untitled.png

tweek

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Nov 29, 2013
Rivatuner statistics server works better than Dxtory and its free.

Another possible fix for stuttering:
1. Open task manager
2. Go to details tab
3. Right click on halo2.exe
4. Click "Set affinity"
5. Uncheck CPU 0. All other CPUs should be checked

Sep 15, 2016
You can also use rivatuner statistics server to limit fps. Dxtory is good too, but the trial version can be annoying where you have to wait 10 seconds to launch it and it opens up a webpage every time you close it.