lag - and frequent reconnects

Sep 1, 2018
Gamertag
iownallwoot
hi all,

I just joined the community yesterday, got the thing running, looks great!

Only problem is i am not really able to play: the game works if i go into a map just by myself i can do anything no problems, but PVP is unplayable.

I tried a swords/shotties game and everytime someone else fired or swung or when i tried to, i got a massive lag spike, freeze frame, then sometimes it would pick back up as i am dead , or respawning, however it would also often pass to the reconnecting screens and go through the reconnection process.

One thing that happened at one point which i took as a clue, is during one of the reconnects, my taskbar flashed an update message, I dont remember the exact words but it was something like 'graphics failed and successfully recovered'

I just did a diagnostic to see what kind of graphics my hardware has inside. I have attached a photo here of the results. is my gear good enough to play? if so where should I go to keep troubleshooting?

thanks so much for reading and I hope someone is familiar with this sort of thing.

display dxdiag.png

Sep 1, 2018
Gamertag
iownallwoot
hey all so I tried the easy method first of just downloading this onto a different piece of hardware, got an install problem, reinstalling might work but after a few hours of troubleshooting i might need a break here. the install error said i was missing a dxd9 or something .dll file

I have checked the FAQ and they have something similar (not exactly the same) and it says just reinstall.

I am still really hoping to get the lag problem fixed on this computer, since it's already installed and runs here

thanks if anyone is reading has any guesses, I really am making up things to try as i go and have no clue what i'm doing but i figure if spend enough time I can maybe figure it out

Sep 1, 2018
Gamertag
iownallwoot
hey all - good news i just tried it again after a reboot and the lag is totally gone!

psyched to get a controller and start playing for real, enjoying it on keyboard and mouse for now ^^ ty so much for reading my pain!

Sep 1, 2018
Gamertag
iownallwoot
HI AGAIN

JUST got my $5!+ kicked in trying to play on keyboard and mouse

looking forward to the competition, going to get a controller asap

ta