Making a Ranked Lobby

Nov 4, 2014
Gamertag
Sepnovaa
I've been doing some thinking and I've come up with the idea of neutral hosting FFAs and 4v4s, but also tracking individual winners and losers via the H2 XP based ranking system.

Basically, I will side with a team and hide somewhere with the least amount of traffic while the game goes on. After the game, I'll leave, update each players level on a forum post so everyone can see it, and open a new lobby so it's not always the same 8 people.

The only problems I potentially see with this are getting too many players in lobby before I can close the party, afk players (which will be heavily punished via ranking along with quitters/cheaters), and not being able to boot. There are ways I can adjust win and lose xp changes to account for these things, but that's about it. The nice thing though is that I will actually be in the game to spot this.

There will be two different rankings. One for Free For All and one for 4v4. 4v4 will be a mix of slayer and objective with gametypes and maps being chosen randomly with an app on my phone. Each gametype has been edited to increase competitive nature. BR/SMG starts, radar on since people can't really call out unless in discord, and map default weapons.

Gametypes include:
Team Slayer
King of the Hill
Oddball
Multi-Flag
1 Flag
Neutral Flag
Multi-Bomb
1 Bomb
Neutral Bomb

FFA will only have slayer on a random map.

I will be testing this throughout the day and editing this post for the ranks.

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
They're working on it, SuperSniper is the go to guy for ranks.

Host a server,

Statsfolder
The
statsfolder
command displays or sets the location of the folder to which the server outputsgame statistics. This command, if a folder is set, enables the ability to record statistics from theserver games. If a folder path is supplied, this command sets the stats folder path. Paths thatcontain spaces can be specified with quotation marks. Put in an empty string (“”) to disableexporting stats.Stats are sent in XML format and can be used to set up your own ranked or leaderboard games,to be displayed on a Web site.Examples:
H2server$ statsfolder c:\myfolder
H2server$ statsfolder “c:\my documents\my Halo 2 for Windows Vista games\my server stats

Nov 4, 2014
Gamertag
Sepnovaa
We have many plans for ranks in the future
I'll just act as a placeholder for now, even if my makeshift ranked lobby isn't very sophisticated. It is good to hear that the dev team is still actively working on the game though. I was getting a bit worried for a moment.

Nov 4, 2014
Gamertag
Sepnovaa
They're working on it, SuperSniper is the go to guy for ranks.

Host a server,

Statsfolder
The
statsfolder
command displays or sets the location of the folder to which the server outputsgame statistics. This command, if a folder is set, enables the ability to record statistics from theserver games. If a folder path is supplied, this command sets the stats folder path. Paths thatcontain spaces can be specified with quotation marks. Put in an empty string (“”) to disableexporting stats.Stats are sent in XML format and can be used to set up your own ranked or leaderboard games,to be displayed on a Web site.Examples:
H2server$ statsfolder c:\myfolder
H2server$ statsfolder “c:\my documents\my Halo 2 for Windows Vista games\my server stats
I have no idea how to make a server for this game. I just plan on hosting it with myself in game. Similar to otourneys.com from back in the day.