Map Downloading is Broken

Oct 26, 2018
To be clear this isn't a complaint, this is feedback...in a way...

When trying to download a map from a peer hosted game it sometimes decides not to work. Here's how things usually go down:

1. When joining pre game lobby it asks if you want to download the map.
2. Map downloads fine. Really quickly actually.
3. It either says "You failed to load the map." or "someone in the party has failed to load the map". Even if you try using the command reloadmaps it doesn't work.
4. A way I tried to get it to work was leaving the lobby and joining again. That also does not work. It asks again if you want to download the map. When you select "yes" you are immediately kicked from the lobby.

That's as far as I usually get. Must have something to do with the maps not being in the repo... A few other people have had this problem already so I know it's a common problem.

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11
I´ve noticed that I can´t start the game anymore before everyone in the lobby have downloaded the map. It worked in the earlier version, people could download the map and join while game was started tho.

Nov 8, 2018
yeah, its a shame the custom map downloading is a little broken at the moment, cause Iv'e downloaded some really cool maps but when people try to download them ingame through a server they either get booted from the lobby or It says a player failed to load the map, hope it gets refined in the next update.

May 25, 2019
Gamertag
Skating Orange
Hello,
I was just curious where you all downloaded the maps from?

I have almost no experience, but...
It may be an issue of labeling as the same map, but the actual data may be slightly different.

Thanks

Mar 24, 2020
Colombia
www.mangoz.com
Gamertag
Sunex27
I also have this problem and it is annoying because I cannot download anything.
leaves the lobby
I feel desperate I don't want to play the common maps anymore.
There is a zombie server that is only for random maps and all are for download, I can't play because it won't let me download.
some help?
i have windows 10.
I have opened ports and others but nothing works.
Sorry my English is the translator, I speak Spanish

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11
http://www.h2maps.net/

All the custom maps can be found here in the map repo section. As already said in this thread the custom maps go to documents/mygames/halo2/maps folder and not the map folder in the actual game directory. Also you can only have 50 maps at that folder at anytime or otherwise none of them will load ingame.

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11
Also if could request for someone to upload H2MT Upskirts pb7 to the repo it would be much appreciated!!!

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11
Thanks alot, appreciate all you devs on this project!!!

BTW this map has an intro for the host!!!