[MAP] Prisoner 1.1

Jul 19, 2014
Gamertag
UF Beazt
Prisoner

Port of classical Halo 1 map with the same name.

Installation
Place prisoner.map in Halo 2 custom map folder. You must restart Halo for it to load.
Default location: C:\Users\user\My Documents\My Games\Halo 2\Maps

EDIT
Original link replaced for version 1.1 download.
v1.1 fixes grenades and power-ups spawning even when game settings have them turned off.

Download
[click]https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6PRxzDaF4PcbFJScUEtWERPZlE[/click]
Enjoy!

Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
UncutFighter
Re: [MAP] Prisoner

Beazt, I have had the opportunity to play this map and I have to say this is one of the best ports. The map plays perfect and I personally enjoy the lifts and how you got them working smoothly. You also kept the lifting noise silent so it would be the same as a ladder. Thank you so much for making this, as H2V really needs all H1 maps ported to it as they are fun and actually play great! This map is on the "Chill Out" level. Looks the same, plays great and is just plain awesome! One more thanks man!

Jul 19, 2014
Gamertag
UF Beazt

UncutFighter said:
Beazt, I have had the opportunity to play this map and I have to say this is one of the best ports. The map plays perfect and I personally enjoy the lifts and how you got them working smoothly. You also kept the lifting noise silent so it would be the same as a ladder. Thank you so much for making this, as H2V really needs all H1 maps ported to it as they are fun and actually play great! This map is on the "Chill Out" level. Looks the same, plays great and is just plain awesome! One more thanks man!
Thanks a lot! I appreciate the good words. Hopefully people play on it, there are so many awesome custom maps out there that don't get the love they deserve.

Jul 19, 2014
Gamertag
UF Beazt

UF ShadowTeddy said:
So Beazt, Deathisland when? :D
I'm rather busy with everything that's going on IRL, and while I could scrape together an hour here and there to work slowly on more H1 ports, It's not very motivating when I know that chances of people playing them are slim. In-game map downloading would help a lot to get people to play custom content, especially if the 15 mb on average map file could be transferred in a timely manner.

Ultimately it depends on the demand. I don't feel like there is point for me to dump my time as limited as it is into custom content if it won't be used.

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy

Haha yeah, no worries bud!
And yeah, map downloading should be done (I've not talked to Yoshi about this in sometime) but from what I've seen map downloading seems to work fine.

I do have to say though, first map released after years of map making hiatus, this is extremely good. Well done!

Feb 2, 2016

Really high quality port.

As map downloading is up I'm sure it will get some use. It would be great so see more ports like this.