New sub-community proposal!

Feb 20, 2017
I am seriously considering making a sub-community to recruit more people into the game. It will likely be called The Forerunner Clan!

I will register the domain name "forerunnerclan.com", including the .net alias.

I will host four servers:
-24/7 CTF on coagulation, district, and one more.
-24/7 random games on Halo CE maps
-24/7 slayer on maps with hacking and modding allowed.
-24/7 single weapon variants on varying maps. Probably lightsabers (aka energy swords) and rockets.
UPDATE: -A server called "Safe Space", where all NWO politically correct liberals can play peacefully knowing that you will not have to put up with being "offended". Anyone who is offended would be able to boot out whoever they want with a simple game chat entry "=boot Gamertag". Anyone who uses any swear words, racist terms such as nigger, beaner, yellow, et cetera will be immediately perma banned from the server.

I will setup a website with basic player stats, leadership boards, etc.

I will release an auto installer so players who are not computer savvy can easily get the entire library of custom maps!

I will develop a voteboot command system in game chat.

I will also develop a mod tools command line system in the game chat.

There will be a bot player to police the entire game, will use BluTrainer to record all players so we can better fight hackers! In fact i could even set up a live stream on Youtube!

UPDATE: Also a unique page view counter that membera of the forum can place in their signature so they can know how many people have viewed their post!

I need to seriously stop huffing paint thinner in a paper lunch bag!

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
Too much paint thinner m9.
Why don't you just recommend people into this community?
I'm sure the project is working on anti-cheat systems and your other suggestions.

Feb 20, 2017
Nooo! I want to host! My work will be proprietary! Players will feel confident playing the servers of The Forerunner Clan because they will feel confident knowing that if a player gives them crap, they can just unanimously voteboot them out of the game. The sub-community that i will have founded will be inviting people to Project Cartographer, just i will operate my own servers.

How do you think McDonalds went from a single stand to a full blown international enterprise? One word, FRANCHISING! I am the Ray Kroc of Halo 2 Vista, a dying game that needs franchising if it is to not only survive, but dominate.

Don't think i am full of lunacy right now, i am not high on paint thinner. Oh and yes, paint thinner really does make you high and hallucinate.

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
These are all good ideas, if you can execute them that would be even better.

Feb 20, 2017
Sod said:
These are all good ideas, if you can execute them that would be even better.
I am a hotshot full stack software engineer student, i can program anything! I make all my money with a high frequency stock trading software i made last year.

I need this page http://www.halo2vista.com/forums/viewto ... =13&t=4579 to be uncensored. I am not going to waste my time making all the software if in the end i can't host. Another problem is that everybody thinks i am a complete retard!

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
I dont know how you found that forum post, but it wasn't meant to be public. Also, the actual dedicated server download isn't there (in that it's non-existent)

You can still make a "clan" or website for what you want (im surprised you didn't go the star wars route hornet) just remember it's not wholly dependent on you having dedicated servers (Example RnT which is a clan exists and they dont have any servers)
But ultimately all your doing is spreading the word for H2PC (in a more convoluted sense yes) So as sod said, recommend people to the community.

Also how come you stopped using your old account? (Superhornet18)

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
I saw the dedicated servers post as well, then it just disappeared. Maybe he forgot to privatise it or something.

Feb 20, 2017
UF ShadowTeddy said:
Also how come you stopped using your old account? (Superhornet18)
Nope, i want to host! Why? Because i like programming and as i mentioned before, i want to implement a big suite of backend software such as a voteboot command line system in game chat, a command line system for controlling in-game mods, a routine message broadcasting system, realtime leadership stats on the website homepage, and more!

And why did i create a new account? Because MasterChief117 sounds more badass, and because "superhornet18" is more associated with my fake retarded self, when i am only pretending.

And i found that post yesterday in the "Global announcements" section on the homepage of this site.

Feb 20, 2017
UF ShadowTeddy said:
I checked the post, there's nothing that pertains to the server software itself
The only thing you can download from it is the launcher, Visual C++ redists, and DX 9.0c (the update).
Oh ok, that is fine! No shame!