One Question (3/16/19)

Mar 16, 2019
Palacios, TX
Gamertag
CulpableRook48
Pardon me, everyone.

I know that I asked this question before, but needless to say, I felt, later on, that I posted that in the wrong section of the forum, so I can only hope that this is the perfect place to ask it. The question that I am going to ask is this: Is there a chance that I can earn achievements for Halo 2 Vista through "Project Cartographer" in the future (if not now), in which those achievements would be tied to my first Xbox Live account? I am sorry for asking such a lousy question, but I felt that I needed to get it off my chest. With that in mind, I wish to know. Thank you for your time.

Jan 14, 2019
Gamertag
Yuri Bacon
Currently, no. You'd have to actually use GFWL to get achievements, but in the last update, 5.0, achievements were implemented for Carto accounts (it wouldn't go onto an Xbox Live account). That update got rolled back for performance issues, but the feature is supposed to come back in a future update.

Mar 16, 2019
Palacios, TX
Gamertag
CulpableRook48
Sorry I asked... :(

However, is there a chance that, in a future update, I would be able to earn online achievements for this in the hopes that they would be tied to my first Xbox Live account, or would that be impossible without a workaround? :/

tweek

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Nov 29, 2013
Its not impossible, you can do it right now. HOWEVER, I will say that getting multiplayer achievements are impossible, because there are no more multiplayer servers. You can get the campaign and non-multiplayer achievements still. You need to remove xlive.dll from the Halo 2 directory, and install Games for Windows Live, activate the game, and sign in and play. Good luck with that