port forwarding not working?

Jun 12, 2016
Gamertag
Notdetermined
Hey im kinda new to port forwarding, i gave this game a shot and opened ports 1000-1006 udp as well as changed server to = 1 in the xlive.ini and it still wont let people join me? any help? do i need to set xlive.ddl as well or something?

Jun 12, 2016
Gamertag
Notdetermined
UF ShadowTeddy said:
In the Xlive.ini, DO NOT put Server = 1.
This changes the ports that the game uses meaning that the port forward was useless

Can your router forward in ranges?
If not,manually forward the range (so create a rule for 1000, 1001, 1002, 1003, 1004, 1005, 1006)
oooh odd, people were not joining even with it set to server = 0, i read somewhere that you needed to put Server =1, And it was not on that git-hub post when you download the launcher, When i got to my routers settings, i click the "Port range forwarding" Tab, i only get the option to enter the start and end (1000, 1006) is that what you want?

Jun 12, 2016
Gamertag
Notdetermined
UF ShadowTeddy said:
If in doubt, just make a rule for each port.
Either way, I saw that you were hosting a game, and someone successfully joined so I think you port-forwarded correctly
yes! yes i did! thanks for telling me about the server = 0, sorry for the late reply, What username are you on there?

Jun 12, 2016
Gamertag
Notdetermined
UF ShadowTeddy said:
Same on the Forums, UF ShadowTeddy =)

And I'm glad to see that you got it sorted out in the end!

oh you said you saw my server so that instantly made me assume that you joined, i would like to help out the cause as much as i can :) ill probably end up doing a dedicated server eventually!