Powerhouse Beta #1

Mar 15, 2013
So now that I finally got things compiling again, it's time for another test run. Now I have to warn you all, there a multitude of lighting errors and smoothing errors that I cannot seem to fix. For some strange reason everything looks good in Max, but looks like hell in-game. All in all, the progression has been good even if it isn't my cleanest looking map to date. You should all thouroughly enjoy the map none the less, and please feel free to report any issues you come across. I'm aware of most of the obvious ones, so please only post up ones that may have been overlooked and are not too obvious. Ex: "Hey Twin there's a big fucking blacked out section on the stairs!" Fair enough? Good. Also please don't mind the numerous out of place decals I have allover. I am testing some things out and forgot to take them out of the scenario file....My Bad.

Now some of the misc weapons that are still scattered about do not work fully or are missing a lot of things like fp_models. Download link below...

Most importantly, due to "Interface" bitmap types used on the BR and DMR, you must rename the map into a slot map. Or just place the unpacked rar file into your map directory. I named it slot2.map btw.

http://www.h2mt.org/twinreaper/Powerhouse_b2.rar

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
If you already checked the smoothing groups in Max, then perhaps you accidentally applied a modifier to the bsp. You said you used that auto mesh smoother (whatever its called), thats a likely culprit isn't it?

Was lighting set to full on this beta?

Mar 15, 2013
Yeah I did use the "optimize" modifier to get the map compiling again. I did an auto smooth seeing as how going through the entire map manually and testing each section would take weeks alone given what little time I uave to do mapping.

Lighting was set to "high" and that took 3.5 days alone to finish. Super settings will likely take 4-5 days to run and finish. Once i get most ofbthe errors cleaned up, ill run it through a few checks then procede to super settings.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Its looking great Twin, when I updated the other weapons I did not need to load compiled maps with MMM. So I should be able to help with the rest. Lotsa cool new details and I see many fixes from previous versions.

The water far down below disappears sometimes when looking at it, most likely a portal issue.

The smoothing groups seem pretty good overall, the main problem area is the upper room next to where the water comes out. You did set the entire floor in that room to the same smoothing group right? Most other graphical issues look like bitmaps/shaders that need to be compiled with different settings.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Its a beta test map, you can check it out if you have the MainMenu Mod installed (thats included with the Halo 2.5 Game+ Pack).

Then you put the map into your default maps directory where you installed Halo 2 (not the custom one directory) and rename the map to slot2.map.

supersniper

The lost soul
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
Hahaha your topic title still says beta 1 it confused me :D but I like what you're doing so far :D I'll give more feedback laterrr today

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11
Tried it for a little while yesterday and have to say that it looks awesome even with this lighting. The BR seems to work pretty similar to the one in H4 or atleast the recoil was for what I tested it by shooting at walls. I´ll check it out more thoroughly today and try to test the weapons with someone if possible.

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11
Install Main Menu Mod and place the map in the normal maps folder at the games directory (not custom map folder) after you name it slot1 (or any slot like 7, like I did, because the first 4 slots have those custom maps that come with MMM).