Project Cartographer 0.2.1.1 Public Beta

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
Hey Members/Players Of Halo 2 PC, UF ShadowTeddy here.

I am pleased to present the Project Cartographer 0.2.1.1a Public Beta. This is a sneak preview into what we're offering in the next update!
This update to Project Cartographer will not be publicly rolled out i.e you won't be able to update from the launcher; you have to manually download it.
(Files/links will be hidden for to protect against build leaks (People claiming this to be a stable release etc.), Sign into this forum with an account to view the full content in this post)

Here's a quick overview of what 0.2.1.1a offers:
  1. Core Voice Chat (Port Forward 1007 UDP in order to use it on your own hosted games)
  2. Limited Voice Chat funtionality/feature (Player nameplate appearing when someone talks + emblem tags changing color when teamate is talking)
  3. Chatbox commands to kick players/tweak voice activation levels. $kick <FullGamertag> and $setVoiceActivationLevel <-50db to 50db>, -50 being the minimum, 50 being the maximum. The default voice activation level is set to -5)

Installation of 0.2.1.1a is pretty easy, all you need to do is download the zip folder and extract all the contents to C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/Halo 2/ or C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Halo 2 if your on a 32 bit OS.
If you have installed Halo 2 to a custom directory, place the files in the main dir of where halo 2 is installed (It should be where Halo2.exe is located)
Using 0.2.1.1a does mean that you cannot use the launcher anymore (as the launcher will keep attempting to download the stable release) so make a shortcut of Halo2.exe with Administrator privileges.

By default, Voice chat is disabled. In order to enable it you need to modify the Xlive.ini and add the line 'voice_chat = 1'.

You will also need to make your desired microphone the default communication device so that you'll be able to fully use the voice chat functionalities

A few things should be noted:
  1. This hasn't been tested on Linux/WINE configs of Halo 2 PC. So if it breaks, please inform us. (This thread will be open to bug reports/issues if anyone is having them)
  2. If you want to stay on the public release and wait for the update to officially drop/find that the game is buggier with 0.2.1.1a then by all means revert back to the stable release of Project Cartographer (Use the Launcher + Update/Force update to go back to stable)

Links:
[hidden][click=https://github.com/FishPhd/H2V-Online-Launcher/releases/download/0.0.0.0/0.2.1.1-Beta.zip]Halo 2 Project Cartographer 0.2.1.1a[/click][/hidden]

Rude Yoshi

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
May 8, 2016
Gamertag
Rude Yoshi
fyi, some of the dedicated servers may not have this change yet, I know the one with "v" suffix and "Uncuts server" have the voice changes

If you experience problems:

1) turn on debug_log = 1 in your xlive.ini
2) Reproduce problem
3) get xlive_Trace, post here

If you experience game crashes:

1) Find the windows event viewer program
2) Go to the Windows log root, expand it
3) Click application, look for red/error recent halo2.exe crashes, send all details (Screenshot and text)

Issues reported so far:

1) turning on the debug window (not debug log) causes a game crash
2) sometimes $kick kicks the wrong person
3) sometimes the voice chat doesn't detect team play properly, resulting in everyone hearing everyone
4) Having dsound.dll in your h2 directory can cause crashes

Rude Yoshi

Lead Dev
May 8, 2016
Gamertag
Rude Yoshi
Yea that happens when using debug

Just set debug = 0 and don't use it for now...

You can still use debug_log = 1

NukeULater

Dev
Mar 20, 2016
Gamertag
NukeULater6558
I set debug = 1 because i had a few game crashes and i tried to use debug to see what is happening.

Rude Yoshi

Lead Dev
May 8, 2016
Gamertag
Rude Yoshi
NukeULater

If you experience game crashes:

1) Find the windows event viewer program
2) Go to the Windows log root, expand it
3) Click application, look for red/error recent halo2.exe crashes, send all details (Screenshot and text)

Rude Yoshi

Lead Dev
May 8, 2016
Gamertag
Rude Yoshi
If the game is crashing and you have dsound.dll in your h2 directory, please remove that and see if issue persists.

NukeULater

Dev
Mar 20, 2016
Gamertag
NukeULater6558

I don't have any dsound.dll.I don't use any 3rd party software while playing.

I never had issues using Pj. Cartographer 0.2.1a.I am using this update because I can kick hackers.

[tab=30]
Faulting application name: halo2.exe, version: 1.0.0.11122, time stamp: 0x46d3153c
Faulting module name: xlive.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x57b8a247
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0041abd3
Faulting process id: 0x4a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2034d2a1ea2c8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo 2\halo2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo 2\xlive.dll
Report Id: 177a3786-6f42-11e6-ada2-0004617646c2

halo2.exe
46d3153c
xlive.dll
57b8a247
c0000005
0041abd3
4a4
01d2034d2a1ea2c8
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo 2\halo2.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo 2\xlive.dll
177a3786-6f42-11e6-ada2-0004617646c2

Aug 9, 2016
Canada
arlisbloxer05.tumblr.com
Gamertag
Arlisbloxer05
Hello everyone, not sure if the Admins made this clear or not so i'll explain a problem that's been frequent with the beta.

There's been reports of not being able to join or even host a game session at all.

From what i can tell (and this is coming from a normal user BTW) it could be a install problem. if you are having this problem, re-install 0.2.1 until this bug is patched, or the next beta release (if there is one)

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
UF ShadowTeddy said:
If you want to stay on the public release and wait for the update to officially drop/find that the game is buggier with 0.2.1.1a then by all means revert back to the stable release of Project Cartographer (Use the Launcher + Update/Force update to go back to stable)

I've already mentioned that if people are having problems then they should move back to the stable release by updating through the launcher
The reason why there's join issues is due to 0.2.1.1a using base code of an un-optimised build of Project Cartographer. There's a reason why this is a sneak preview/beta build of voice + upcoming features.

Sep 5, 2016
Gamertag
Hey-Pi-Ron
I have a request for the future:
If it possible can you add possibility to see ping from client to server? Ingame, if possible, or in brouser maybe. For now it's just dice roll for me. I can't choose server with lower ping and it's very big issue for me.