Project Cartographer update - The Road to v0.3

PNill

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Oct 25, 2015
Gamertag
TDxPermaNulled
Check the Project Cartographer's developer site for the latest update information!

[click=http://www.h2v.online/2016/06/12/progress-update-accounts-required-in-v0-2-1/]Progress Update[/click]

Jun 13, 2016
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
caboose3146
Is there a way to lock the engine fps to 30 and do a few tweaks to simulate OG Halo 2 super bouncing?

Also can you readd swordflying? Would like to speedrun PC with swordflying if I decide to TAS the game. Also adding a 30fps lock would also help simulate the OG Halo 2 feel to make the TAS seem like it was done on xbox.

PNill

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Oct 25, 2015
Gamertag
TDxPermaNulled
Caboose3146 said:
Is there a way to lock the engine fps to 30 and do a few tweaks to simulate OG Halo 2 super bouncing?

Also can you readd swordflying? Would like to speedrun PC with swordflying if I decide to TAS the game. Also adding a 30fps lock would also help simulate the OG Halo 2 feel to make the TAS seem like it was done on xbox.
We could do all of that, but it's not really aligned with our development goals at the moment.

You can do a 30 FPS lock yourself using external software, and 'sword flying' can be done via modding tools like assembly.

Jun 23, 2015
Caboose3146 said:

use MSI Afterburner if you want to limit the frames to 30. But limiting them to 30 won't allow you to superbounce because of the how the game's physics engine works. If you want to superbounce you need starting momentum (e.g. be already really high up in the air) which can be achieved through 3rd party modding tools.

Jun 13, 2016
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
caboose3146
You can do a 30 FPS lock yourself using external software, and 'sword flying' can be done via modding tools like assembly.
I've used assembly before. How can you enable sword flying? I would like it to be the same timing as OG Halo 2 had. Can you do a short tutorial?

Yeah, with super bouncing you need to fall twice the normal height thats required to do a normal bounce. So its possible, just incredibly difficult
I know how to superbounce in vista btw. I just wondered if you limit the framerate, it would get the same effect as xbox. If it is the physics engine, then that prove MCC used Vista port. "Exactly as it shipped 10 years ago."