Working doors....

Mar 15, 2013
Well it happened, I finally got actual doors working in the game. For now they are sliding ones to the right, but you can spawn a set and just rotate one of them to mimic a double sliding open door.

Once I get some sleep and deal with irl issues, I'll post an in game or Sapien vid with the action. Relish in the ability to now make a more expansive map withoit worrying about open doorways! Praise be to Twin....AMEN!

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11
Nice job Twin. Hope you can incorpotate that in some of your maps!

BTW could you give a link for working Powerhouse map if you have it, I only got the unfinished version of it.

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11
I have an idea for a map for you to use those doors in. Always wanted someone to make a 2 base version of Turf as I think it would make a good map for CTF. Clouds CTF on Turf was always fun, but its pretty lopsided map sometimes. You could probably use those doors for the garage areas.

This is a map I made on Halo 4 forge for some idea of what I´m thinking of.

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11
Twin must just be busy with irl stuff rn. Glad he´s still making content for the game, like the last map pack he made. Looking forward to your future creations Twin!!!

Mar 15, 2013
Yeah sorry aboit that guys, completely forgot I made this post. Life has a funny way of doing that. Im still having issues with the collision and physics and hopefully I will have that squared away, or have General do it. Im off Tuesday, so look for the footage then.

Mar 15, 2013
It was all for nothing. Collision and physics models fail to animate with the render_model. So right now, the door opens but the collision remanes in place. Cannot figure out why. My best guess is that since the vertices dont line up with it, it faila. But that doesnt explain why the render_model works.

To enlighten everyone, Im using the tower_door animation tag from deltaapproach, but the collision, physics and render_model for ss_door_int_mech_small from spacestation. All node, maker, region and perm names match everything in the animation tags, as well as the relevant information for the animations root tags for tower_door.

Mar 15, 2013
Well, all attempts to get the collision and physics models to move with the door have not worked. I have been over everything with a fine toothed comb. My conclusion is that something gets lost in terms of vertices and plane/edges/faces in terms of the collision and physics post animation compiling. Obviously the render itself is the only thing in the cache. Meaning, the animation has no basis in the raw tag to knlw what to move other than the render.

Mar 15, 2013
My next obvious method to circumvent this issue, will be to create, or at least, try to create 2 spring controlled doors like the ones on Turf....but obviously smaller.

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
HOLY COW YOU GOT WORKING DOORS!!!
freaking awesome! I tried many weeks at getting them to work. Copying pasting and adding values and always crashed when I got in game lol -_-

Feb 26, 2016
USA
Forgot to post this but this is the work I've been doing on this door. The video doesn't show the physics model and only shows collision but I did get the physics and collision model moving. I just need to work on the render model and position the object frames to the right locations and we can have a 100% working door in our maps. Assets will be given out when finished so that you can change it to your heart's content. I know that this video is old but I haven't forgotten about this. Everything I say and do will happen eventually. I just need time.

Feb 26, 2016
USA
Door works. Render, collision, and physics model opens for the biped. I just need to scale it all properly and I'll show off a new video along with a set of tags with models and source files. Maybe even some instructions for people who want to get a custom door in.