You can't join this party. Please wait a moment and try again later.

Dec 24, 2017
Gamertag
Storm 2GG
Says that every time I try to join a game. Master connection says I'm connected and I'm on v0.3.0.0 I just downloaded the latest launcher. Please help.

Dec 24, 2017
Gamertag
Storm 2GG
I force-updated from the launcher and it works now. Just posting that so people know what to do if this happens to them

Nov 28, 2017
Gamertag
Vash 2k
I tried the force update from the settings menu in the launcher as well. Unfortunately, I am still unable to join certain servers.

Edit: A previous thread suggested removing xlive.dll from the game dir. Removing and redownloading that did the trick for me.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017
Gamertag
gAgLiArDo
Thank you guys, i can't get it until i read this. That's the first trouble i have met!

Launcher>Settings>Force updates and it worked, without change .dll

Jan 2, 2018
I'm having this same issue, but unlike the people above, I can't get it fixed at all.

I tried force updating, downloading a new launcher, downloading the linked xlive.dll, but nothing changes (well, except for the delay in joining the servers and the error message; before I downloaded the new launcher it was instant, now it takes like 3 seconds). The launcher window says it's version 2.3.1.0, in-game text says it's v0.3.1.0 and it also says I'm connected to the master server. I also tried deleting my xlive.dll file, but neither the launcher nor the game itself downloads a new one, in fact, the game tries to connect me to the original Windows Live or whatever.

My connection is fine, as I can play any other game online without any issues :/

tweek

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Nov 29, 2013
You need to have xlive.dll version 0.3.1.0
Change your base port (launcher settings) from 1000 to something else like 23453

Mar 13, 2018
Gamertag
SLIPPSCHEESY
You need to have xlive.dll version 0.3.1.0
Change your base port (launcher settings) from 1000 to something else like 23453
I am having the same problem, I cannot seem to get into a game. It always displays,

You can't join this party, please wait and moment and try again.

I've set my base_port = 2000
and forward ports to 2000-2008 UDP / 2009 TCP

But still no luck. Please help.

Last edited:

mills

Staff
Project Cartographer Staff
May 10, 2017
try changing your base port to 3000 or or 60000 something.
btw you don't need to port forward to join

Nov 9, 2017
Gamertag
Chief1337
Where would I go to adjust the base_port?
Open the application "Run"
Type "%localappdata%"
Find "Microsoft"
Click the Halo 2 File
Open halo2config1.ini with notepad or something
Press Ctrl + F then search "base_port ="
And you found it.

Mar 28, 2020
Gamertag
HeRmAyNeMuNsTeR
Open the application "Run"
Type "%localappdata%"
Find "Microsoft"
Click the Halo 2 File
Open halo2config1.ini with notepad or something
Press Ctrl + F then search "base_port ="
And you found it.
First of all, this project is awesome! Love being able to relive my HS/College days having LAN parties with buddies.

Any resolution to this? Just installed game a couple days ago and played campaign mode. Tried playing online but keep getting the same message when I try to browse any game in OP post. Looked through FAQs, other postings and don't know how to move forward. Any help will be greatly appreciated.