Kills Alone

The Essential Collection

DATA & TAGS

By Kills Alone & the H2MT Crew

Released October 31st, 2012

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF3Gt5tE8Oo[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/vRLVtCNXB9U[/youtube]

SUMMARY:
The core H2EK installation takes up just under a Gigabyte of space.

When decompressed the collection I offer here will take up about 11GBs of space! It includes the original files from a core H2EK install, you just copy it right over the top of a fresh H2EK installation. It includes these original files as many have been modified and/or improved upon.

All of the H2V source files I have created over the years and others I have improved on. This collection contains H2V custom mapping work by most of the H2MT and is the best place to start from. With a few tweaks you can make your own versions of many maps.

This collection contains:
-MP, SP, CO-OP, & H2.5 MMM SCENARIOS

Multiplayer
Ascension Tower of Power PB
Bloodgulch (Unfinished)
BoneYard V4
Coag Redux V2
Collateral V2
Delta Halo PB2
Delta Towers
Desolation
Desolation Devolved
Foundry PB
Fuel Station PB
H3 Guardian PB2
Holidays Grave V1.5
Immure PB
Lockout Sym PB
Metropolis (Unfinished)
Narrows V2
Narrows V3 PB2
New Mombasa
Night Mombasa V1.5
Nightscape
Outskirts PB7
Quarry PB
Sandtrap V3
Sandtrap V4 PB
Sandbox
Sol System 2.1
Spaceout PB
Template PB
Template Sym PB
The Pit V2
Tombstone V2
Tombstone V3 (Unreleased)
Trence PB
Trenched
Valhalla V1.5
Vertigo 4
Zombstone V2
And more test maps

Single Player
Coagulation
Outskirts
Quarry
Requiem
Tombstone

Co-operative
Outskirts

H2.5 MMM
Various

Weapons
Reach Magnum M6G

H3 Assault Rifle MA5C
H3 Assault Rifle MA5C Custom HUD
H3 CMT Brute Spiker
H3 CMT Brute Spiker Custom HUD
H3 Magnum M6G
H3 Missile Pod
H3 Missile Pod Custom HUD
H3 H3MT Brute Mauler
H3 Spartan Laser
H3 Spartan Laser Custom HUD

ODST Magnum-Socom M6C
ODST SMG Silenced M7S (unfinished)

H2 Battle Rifle Grenade (only supports gamepad)
H2 Battle Rifle Torch
H2 Battle Rifle XBR55
H2 Covenant Carbine Extended Clip
H2 Covenant Carbine Reaper
H2 Chaingun Mobile
H2 Chaingun Mobile Custom HUD
H2 Gaussgun Mobile
H2 Gravity Gun (broken\unfinished)
H2 GT (broken\unfinished)
H2 Missile Pod (unfinished)
H2 Needle Rifle
H2 Plasma Shot
H2 Plasma Turret Mobile aka Plasma Cannon
H2 Recon Rifle
H2 Recon Rifle Blue
H2 Recon Rifle Red
H2 Scarab Gun (prototype)
H2 Sentinel Beam (restored)
H2 Sentinel Beam Major (unfinished)
H2 Shotgun Torch
H2 SMG Silenced Fixed (really fixed + slightly balanced)
H2 SMG Silenced Torch
H2 SMG Torch
H2 Sniper NoScope
H2 Spartan Laser
H2 Target Locator

H1 Assault Rifle MA5B
H1 Assault Rifle MA5B Rusty
H1 Flamethrower
H1 Flamethrower Custom HUD
H1 Pistol M6D
H1 Pistol M6D "Black"

Melee
H3 Gravity Hammer
H3 Gravity Hammer Custom HUD

H2 Energy Blade Dual (broken\unfinished)
H2 Energy Blade Purple
H2 Energy Blade Red
H2 Flag Blue
H2 Flag Red
H2 Gravity Hammer
H2 Jackal Shield (broken\unfinished)
H2 Plasma Saw (broken\unfinished)
H2 Sangheili Honor Guardsman Pike
H2 Skull

2x4 Wooden Plank

HL2 Crowbar

Equipment
Bubble Shield
Bubble Shield Single Use
Bubble Shield Single Use Custom HUD
Gravity Lift
Gravity Lift Single Use
Gravity Lift Single Use Custom HUD
Power Drain (broken\unfinished)
Trip Mine (broken\unfinished)

Scenery
Autofire
Barrage
Biped
Ledge
Vehicles

Other
Camera
Empty Handed
Flare Gun (broken\unfinished)
Masterchief Gun

Vehicles
H3 Hornet
H3 Hornet Snow
H3 Mongoose (broken\unfinished)
H3 Mongoose Snow (broken\unfinished)

H2 Banshee Damaged
H2 Banshee Heretic
H2 Banshee Mod
H2 Chaingun 360z
H2 Dino (broken\unfinished)
H2 Fire Scorpion
H2 Fire Warthog
H2 Ghost Damaged
H2 Gravity Ghost
H2 Longsword
H2 Manatee (broken\unfinished)
H2 Minigun
H2 Needler Ghost
H2 Revenant
H2 Rocket Warthog
H2 Scorpion Campaign
H2 Scorpion Damaged
H2 Spectre Damaged
H2 Spectre Mod
H2 Speed Ghost
H2 Spook
H2 Warthog Damaged
H2 Warthog Mod
H2 Warthog Troop
H2 Warthog Troop Damaged (glitchy)
H2 Warthog Trooper
H2 Weapon Ghost
H2 Weapon Wraith (broken\unfinished)
H2 Wraith Campaign
H2 Wraith Damaged

Ball aka Flying Bubble Shield

-AI
-BSPS
-EFFECTS
-MODELS
-SCRIPTS
-TEXTURES
-SHADERS
-NEW SOUNDS
-UNLOCKED H2EK
-IMPROVED H2TOOL
-AND MUCH MORE

FILES (7-Zip archive):
[click=http://www.h2mt.org/maps/%5BMAPS%5D%20H2MT%20-%20The%20Essential%20Collection.exe]Permalink[/click]
3.87GBs Compressed

Due to an upload size limitation with OneDrive it came out to 14 files; all at 300MBs a piece except for the last file.
The current host requires a MS account; a Games for Windows Live/XBOX Live account should suffice.

Next I will try and find another host with less strict upload and download limitations.

Alternate Download Location | MediaFire

H2MT Readme.txt:
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ABOUT THIS COLLECTION:

Before I ride my pony off into the sunset I wanted to release all of our H2MT work so that others can bypass much of the BS and get right to the fun
of H2V custom map creation. Yes, it can be fun if you have the following:

1) A brain and patience

2) The right tools/applications

3) Good source files to start with and the knowledge to use them

My H2EK (Data & Tags) directory is ~11GBs and that is after removing lots of junk files, duplicates and so forth. When I compress it (with 7-Zip) the
size drops down to ~4.25GBs. From there I will split it into eight or nine pieces. I hope thats not too large of a download for you but this will
provide access to everything I've worked on. I include a few tools and many tweaks specific to the H2EK root folder, bin directory and so on.

BTW, when I say everything I mean everything: Single Player (AI), Multiplayer, H2.5 MainMenu Modded and CO-OP (AI) plus a few scenarios by other H2MT.

Getting some of the complied maps to work requires the latest MainMenu Mod (Public Beta 0.5), Ambiguous (Alpha), possibly Cheat Engine and other
tools and know-how. Its all laid out on the Map Repository under the Notes section (see the bottom of this text file for links).

You need to take special care when editing Single Player and CO-OP scenarios otherwise YOU WILL CORRUPT THE FILE! So make sure you are using the
tools I recommend such as H2GuerillaNEW.exe from the H2EK Unlocked directory also included in this collection. If a scenario becomes corrupt it will
not open again after it has been saved.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

This archive uses 7-Zip LZMA2 compression so you need to have 7-Zip installed to extract it. You can download it from here: http://www.7-zip.org

0) You need to install the H2EK from your H2V DVD or an H2V ISO file as the tools will fail to launch otherwise.

1) I would suggest backing up your H2EK directory first just in case you make some kind of mistake. So copy the root folder and name the copy something
like Halo 2 Map Editor.BACKUP.

2) If you want to merge this collection with your existing Data & Tags then simply extract the files over the top of your existing files, I always
install my H2EK to C:\games\Halo 2 Map Editor or D:\games\Halo 2 Map Editor and so forth.

However if you are not a madman such as myself then you installed the H2EK to the default location, so you would look here:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo 2 Map Editor

or is it here

C:\Program Files\Halo 2 Map Editor

or perhaps here

C:\Program Files (x86)\Halo 2 Map Editor

3) If the extractor asks about overwriting files you can give confirmation because you did make that backup in step one right?

4) Step four is very important! Wait, there is no step 4. You should be good to go, although the extraction process could take quite awhile; so go outside,
rob a bank or do whatever it is that you enjoy.

5) Okay step five, yeah fives a cool number; shit you try rolling a blunt without a thumb, then you will see! Okay, now that the files are completely
extracted you can explore them. I suggest opening Sapien and then navigating to:

\Halo 2 Map Editor\tags\scenarios\multi\

from there you can jump right into editing your own version of an H2MT scenario!

* If you have any problems editing and/or saving any files I suggest setting the root H2EK folder and its contents to write access.
Do so from the folders properties palette by unchecking Read-Only and then clicking apply. This could take a minute or so to complete.

** Please respect the team's work by mentioning us if you release any maps/source based on our work. :)

ABOUT THE H2MT CREW:

The Halo 2 Map/Mod Team has been around for years now. We create custom maps, mods, applications, videos and other content for Halo 2 Vista
(aka Halo 2 PC or H2V).

We have some members that also work with Halo 2 for the original XBOX and Halo Custom Edition for the PC.

Some of the members act as consultants and error finders while others create new BSPs (terrain or geometry) to battle over.

The team has released a few mods that enhance gameplay rather then taking away from it, mods such as the MainMenu Mod, Blu Trainer vK2 and Ambiguous
Alpha & Beta (the first Real-Time H2V Editor).

A few members have created tools that now allow us access to enhanced Real Time Editing capabilities while others have ported maps and content from
various Halo games.

We now have a large pool of custom BSPs, weapons, vehicles, HUDs, shaders, bitmaps, new crates, active scenery, skys, scripts and more to choose
from.

When a project has reached an acceptable level of completion we choose to share most of our source files as we believe that the community can grow
and learn with more ease through proper existing examples.

We are not actively searching for new members at this time, particularly novices, but if you feel you have some skills that could help us expand the
Halo Universe please contact us through the H2PC Forums.

H2MT members past and present:

AvengerofDeath2

B4M_TwinReaper

Baltic Beazt

Computron

Garanas

JohnnyBlaz20

Kantanomo

Kills Alone

Kirby_422

PCTechmaster07

PirateEggs

Shock120

Skiddy 632

Slaters Fury

StatutorytrOy

Super PolarBear

SuperSniper

XHN_SCRAPY

ZeroErrors

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Cool man, but this collection is more for making your own maps and new versions of the included maps and weapons.

If you just want the actual maps themselves download the other collection called [MAPS] H2MT - The Essential Collection. It has 48 of the best maps available, I didn't add 50+ because sometimes H2V can only see the first 48 maps in the custom map directory. I think it depends on the size of the maps and the amount or overall files.

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Right on, I hope peeps spread the word to download the map collection and I'll get back to alien about a custom server playlist.

If everyone on this site downloads the collection then there will be far less waiting to play when we're all in-game.

Mar 22, 2013
Current Location Unknown
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
Pain Sherman
Great, actually I was thinking about that, it would be nice to run some games on Guardian and The Pit to make a change, I'm spreading the word as much as I can, trust me, I've seen many people asking for most of the maps that are on the Map Pack Collection

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
H2.5 (or Halo 2.5) is what we called maps that required the MainMenu Mod, or the D3D9.dll trick.

Kant claims that he can make an improved version of this DLL file, this file would allow us to play custom maps with less restrictions. Whats restrictions? Custom HUDs and custom vehicles for starters.

If the H2 server list can be duplicated then we could release our own ISO of H2V; a more custom edition. It would include many custom maps, apps/mods, and our unlocked DLL. Everyone that downloaded this package would be able to play all the included custom maps without downloading anything in-game and be able to play with restricted content online.

Another aspect was the new maps themselves, new geometry (terrain), and weapons. Overall that part of the project is mostly complete as we have released many maps and finalized many custom weapons, but we would like to include custom HUDs for the weapons and provide some new vehicle options, thats also where H2.5 comes in. So H2.5 represents our efforts in cracking open Halo 2 and making it more accessible.

Mar 6, 2013
Hell
murder-your-family.tumblr.com
Gamertag
xHayzul
Kills Alone said:
H2.5 (or Halo 2.5) is what we called maps that required the MainMenu Mod, or the D3D9.dll trick.

Kant claims that he can make an improved version of this DLL file, this file would allow us to play custom maps with less restrictions. Whats restrictions? Custom HUDs and custom vehicles for starters.

If the H2 server list can be duplicated then we could release our own ISO of H2V; a more custom edition. It would include many custom maps, apps/mods, and our unlocked DLL. Everyone that downloaded this package would be able to play all the included custom maps without downloading anything in-game and be able to play with restricted content online.

Another aspect was the new maps themselves, new geometry (terrain), and weapons. Overall that part of the project is mostly complete as we have released many maps and finalized many custom weapons, but we would like to include custom HUDs for the weapons and provide some new vehicle options, thats also where H2.5 comes in. So H2.5 represents our efforts in cracking open Halo 2 and making it more accessible.
Something I would like to see on the to do list after the ranks are finished. c;

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
It has taken me some time (lazy) but here is my more permanent Mirror for the Essential Pack lol

I will have a MediaFire Mirror up in an Hour and a Half to upload (thanks to my new upload speeds) lol they are 200mb files @ 21 files* at a grand total of 3.9GBs lol

H2MT Essentials By Kills Alone and H2MT MediaFire Mirror

*they will show up on the page/folder once they get uploaded* lol

Cheers!