H2PC Is (sorta) working on MacOS again!

May 31, 2024
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Exactly that. I've managed to run the latest version of H2PC on mac through wineskin.

Before you ask, no, I did not use the tutorial on a previous 2020ish post, since it is now deprecated.

The only way I managed to run the game was through Wine Stable, which for those that don't know, it's pretty much a sort of "no BS" wineskin. It all works through terminal so it can be slightly tricky for beginners, but still.

I used Stable 5.0 bc I'm still using Mojave (only because of 32bit support).

Once you get Wine Stable running, the rest of the process is pretty straightforward: install, locate the install folder and run Halo2.exe with stable as well.

Now beware, its more unstable than halo ce on modern macs.

Main issue here for some reason is the mouse. When in the menus it works 10/10, but then in game... i really dont know how to describe it but it just freaks out and makes the game unplayable.

As well as textures, which flicker endlessly no matter what, or the fact that 90% of all audio is completely gone.

Thats why I specified "run" and not "played".

In its state, mainly due to the mouse issue its completely unplayable. But it runs!

Solving the mouse issue would be a step in the direction of bringing semi-oficial mac support to H2PC, if anyone has ANY idea what this problem is, please do comment your diagnosis/solution.

Im counting on you.

The problem in cuestion: