Halo 2 Vista Aim Assist for Mouse/Keyboard

Jun 23, 2015
One on the biggest complaints of Halo 2 Vista is the fact that plugging in an Xbox 360 controller gives players a superior advantage over those using the traditional mouse/keyboard setup due to the high degree of aim assist one receives by plugging in a controller.

Well I have figured out a way to enable aim assist in game for mouse/keyboard players. For those of you who are familiar with the game, this method does not involve plugging in a controller and taping down the analog stick. No controller is required. After personally testing this in different in-game environments, I can successfully say that this pretty much evens the gap between controller players and M/K players.

Before I release this program(s), however, I would like to gauge just how many players currently play the game with a mouse and keyboard so I know I'm not just wasting my time. I also know that most auto-generated gamertags that play the game probably don't come to this forum, so if anybody has an idea of how many people, approximately, use M/K, that would be really helpful. Please reply with your thoughts.

supersniper

The lost soul
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
before releasing, have you compared the magnetism of m/k vs controller and made it a fair environment? if so I'd love to include it in the next release of Shark! I'm excited people are still working on this.

We could even take it a step farther and make servers that can have m/k enabled or disabled for both controllers and m/k.

Or let it be an option that users can select or change in game

like enter the command aa 0 : aim assist off, or aa 1 : aim assist on.

We have ways to detect if a controller is present so we can control which aim assist is being used or not.

Jun 23, 2015
It's the same aim assist present for controllers, when using it, the controller symbol on the guide menu appears as if you've connected a controller.

Jun 23, 2015
So are there a fair amount of M/K players left for me to release this? The game's population has dropped even further in the recent months, presumably due to the bug fixes in the MCC.

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
its just been dead for a while now, but there are a fair amount of players that still play and would love to have the same assist as the controller lol

Mar 15, 2013
Lets be real honest here, even with aim assist for controller the k/m users are still at an advatage due to the extreme amount of control the moise gives you instantly. As Kills pointed out, this takes away skill.

Jun 23, 2015
Well I'm not releasing this anyway. Those noobs at xKiller think this is a hack for some reason. And I don't think I'd want them to have this anyway. They're just a bunch of players that accuse everyone of hacking due to their utter lack of skill in a game that doesn't really require much skill at all. Like I could destroy all of those retards with both thumbsticks taped down.

Kantanomo

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
Gamertag
H2Bot
It is a hack, it adds an unnecessary advantage to the mouse and keyboard players. I play mainly MK and I have used aim assist with it before, and it makes me from sub-par to god tier.

it makes it too easy to outplay controllers.