Was the ability to place AI ever figured out?

Mar 4, 2016
It's been a long time since I've modded Halo, and almost all of my time is in Halo CE. I was wondering if anybody ever figured out how to get working AI in H2Sapien and into a H2V map. I've looked around and found H2EK Unlocked, and also the tool hack that allows maps to be singleplayer, but I'm not sure if there's a way to get AI into the map.

Edit: Just realized this probably belongs in a different section. Oops.

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
Mar 4, 2016
Those maps (or are they patches?) are pretty awesome, but I was more wondering how they were done. Editing the map through Sapien, or editing stuff directly in the .map using an editor?

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Both. We had to restore many missing tags, find ways around built in blocks placed by MS/Hired Gun, repair/enhance the editing kit, create real time editing tools, create additional new tags, extract BSPs and many other assets then remake/import them. The custom AI has many limitations; the best results come from using default campaign maps and editing them with Ambiguous/Assembly/Gravemind.

A few more videos:
[youtube]https://youtu.be/3nH2l_Hfjl8?list=PLBAAED58F98D5E2C9[/youtube]

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
Would there be someone willing to make a video tutorial on how to add AI to Halo 2 Vista?
I really enjoyed adding AI in Halo Custom Edition maps, but Halo 2 Vistas editing kit wasn't the best... To say the least.