Any chance of some "official" dedis?

Mar 20, 2017
Now that I have your attention what I mean is dedicated servers that simulate playlists from the old H2 LIVE playlists such Rumble Pit, BTB Slayer and BTB Skirmish like before the merged the playlist.) H2 Challenge and the like? I ask this because you have the intent on restoring the ranking system so why not go all the way and make 3-4 dedis for each gametype depending on popularity (Also becuase it would be a nice change from 'hitfix' servers)

Mar 20, 2017
UF ShadowTeddy said:
We did have those but no one plays on it. Maybe if the population grows.
A shame. Been trying to post things to spread awareness but it seems no one either cares or "It's not on steam".

Mar 20, 2017
UF ShadowTeddy said:
The "its not on steam" mentality is flawed imo. Call me wrong, w/e but its not hard to install the game, do the steps and then add "halo2.exe" as a game in your steam library. Doesn't take that long.
Take a hard look at the Halo Wars steam community. A lot of people there don't care and have actually disregarded the efforts of the guys behing Cartographer because "It's a mod". Actually I can break it down into a list

>Too old
>Not on steam
>No steam hub (Because communities for games don't exist outside steam amirite?)
>No achievements (HPC/HCE)
>Not "Official" (Even Custom edition is "not official" to them)
>No SP (Which is weird because H2V and HCE both have these)
>No Halo 3

A lot of these people would be ok with a port of MCC as it is, which is still a buggy mess from what I know, and to top it off don't give a damn about killing off what remains of the HPC/HCE and H2PC communities because "fuck them I want MCC". I'll be honest a lot of these people seem like the guys you saw back when H3 came out and were sitting there screaming that you could put new armor in the game and cited Recon as their logic.

Glitchy Scripts

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Apr 9, 2013
GlitchyScripts.com
Campaign has been fixed. Just waiting for ppl to wake the hell up so i can release the new update. Achievements are in the works (of course they wont be steam achievements) and so are ranks. As for bitching about Halo 3, this game isn't Halo 3 so their arguments are invalid.

tweek

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Nov 29, 2013
IsamuDyson said:
UF ShadowTeddy said:
The "its not on steam" mentality is flawed imo. Call me wrong, w/e but its not hard to install the game, do the steps and then add "halo2.exe" as a game in your steam library. Doesn't take that long.
Take a hard look at the Halo Wars steam community. A lot of people there don't care and have actually disregarded the efforts of the guys behing Cartographer because "It's a mod". Actually I can break it down into a list

>Too old
>Not on steam
>No steam hub (Because communities for games don't exist outside steam amirite?)
>No Halo 3

A lot of these people would be ok with a port of MCC as it is, which is still a buggy mess from what I know, and to top it off don't give a damn about killing off what remains of the HPC/HCE and H2PC communities because "fuck them I want MCC". I'll be honest a lot of these people seem like the guys you saw back when H3 came out and were sitting there screaming that you could put new armor in the game and cited Recon as their logic.
These people sound toxic to me and imo do not have a place in this community anyways. And, once again, we often put servers with official playlists online. But guess what? Those servers are empty because no one plays on them. And I'm personally not going to pay for an empty server. Dedis are available to the public, maybe you should host some? The bungie playlists are on these forums. Good luck and have fun

Mar 20, 2017
Big TwEEkx said:
IsamuDyson said:
UF ShadowTeddy said:

>Too old
>Not on steam
>No Halo 3

These people sound toxic to me and imo do not have a place in this community anyways. And, once again, we often put servers with official playlists online. But guess what? Those servers are empty because no one plays on them. And I'm personally not going to pay for an empty server. Dedis are available to the public, maybe you should host some? The bungie playlists are on these forums. Good luck and have fun
Bit harsh sounding Tweek but I understand. but if you guys are working on rank I could see a swelling into those servers if it's tied to "official matchmaking" servers. I'd love to host but I don't have a dedicated machine nor the upload speeds to provide a good ping to most players. Coupled with the fact it seems locking a server does nothing. Actually while we're on this any plans on implementing H2's friend list system to make rooms invite only?

KILLER CHIEF said:
Campaign has been fixed. Just waiting for ppl to wake the hell up so i can release the new update. Achievements are in the works (of course they wont be steam achievements) and so are ranks. As for bitching about Halo 3, this game isn't Halo 3 so their arguments are invalid.
Wait you fixed the bug with SP?

nice. As for ranks how will you guys work them without people making "idle" or "power leveling" servers?

Mar 20, 2017
UF ShadowTeddy said:
We're still figuring that out.
See this is where the "official" dedi comes into play. Either you or "approved" groups host match making servers that players can join. But an issue arises with how do you get this working considering the "in and out" nature of a join-able server over one players get locked into via match making

I guess you could have half and partial win credits towards a rank up for people who join midway while using a typical system for quitters.