Back up activation?

Feb 2, 2016
Hello I have not played this game in years and I decided I might reinstall it to see if it is still alive. I think I have one activation left on my key and I was wondering if there was a way to back it up the activated state and restore it if I ever reinstall the OS? This way I don't need to use that patched dll and some other key.

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
To answer your First Question, the game's servers have been killed off. No-one knows what has happened to them, but we think that Microsoft/343 have intentionally killed them off (They haven't been responding to messages sent by many of our members)

To answer your Second Question, I believe that there is no possible way to 'Backup the activated state' if you reinstall the Operating System (Via Clean Install). If you installed the Operating System in a way where you can Update (Like Windows 7 - 10, where you can keep your files and programs installed and activated) Then that should work for Halo 2. Besides, when you Un-install Halo 2, you get one more activation, which means you could reuse that activation again (I can vouch for this, I installed Halo 2 and Maxed out my limit of Activations, then un installed and Deactivated Halo 2 on those PC's and I was allowed to use those activations again)

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
Just putting it out there but I think you can activate Halo 2: Vista as many times as you want... Well nearly. I've activated mine 10+ ~

*EDIT* ShadowTeddy already said that. Oops.