Campaign player type findings

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
Here's a neat little thing I found whilst messing around in Assembly.
In the scenario tag theres a subsection called 'campaign player type' - it can be MasterChief, Dervish, Chief Multiplayer and Elite Multiplayer.
Normally when changed they won't work however they can.
In the globals tag theres a subsection called 'player representation' - there are four options, three will be nulled and one will be filled out depending on the campaign level (Chief or Arbiter)
However, changing the 'campaign player type' changes which 'player representation' is used.
For example, if you change the level 06b_floodzone to 'MasterChief' the level will use whatever you put into the first tab of 'player representation' - you can be a Flood doodad or whatever.

Maybe something can be built upon this like different spawns for Co-Op, having four options or something.
However when playing under a different 'campaign player type' the player seems to have no reload time or melee animation, I don't know what that is about.
Anyway, thought I'd share this. If people need screenshots on what I'm doing because I'm awful at explaining - I will add some.

*edit*
I guess if you change one of the player spawns to be of 'Masterchief' campaign type and the other 'Dervish' you could get different spawns for each player.

*another edit*
Changing the campaign type seems to fix the third person animation of player melee as another character. By this, when the animation hits so does the damage, whereas before the damage hits then the animation activates.

*yet another edit*

Heres a video showcasing the findings, it is also a guide https://youtu.be/sop0CkAH67U

Aug 17, 2015
Gamertag
SoddyBoi
UF ShadowTeddy said:
This is a pretty good find, sod
I'll check this out on my end when I have the time of course :)
Cheers Teddy, hopefully something can be made from this - like further co-op mod features etc.

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
Yeah
So the thing is with coop, for certain maps to work properly each player has to be spawned in by way of correct biped

What I mean by this is that each campaign mission has to have each player biped spawned in as Master Chief (If the map is Cairo, Outskirts, w/e)
I plan to have this automated in cartographer, whenever a single player map is loaded which should make things easier

Himanshu01

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
May 16, 2013
India
Gamertag
Himanshu01
Really Very nice findings Sod
Thanks for Posting this
I will see what i can make out of this and inform u soon.
:)