Can Halo_2_Launcher.exe locate custom directory?

Oct 16, 2016
Gamertag
the1upDude
Hi, I recently heard of Halo 2 Project Cartographer so I'm new here.

Here's my situation, I dual-boot in Windows 7 and Windows 10, and I use one huge drive for all my games so I don't have to have duplicates. Typically I have no issue with playing the same game across either OS when I play on Steam, but in the past I've had issues with non-Steam (or non-DRM) games and mods being recognized by both Windows OS's.

In this case, normally I would run a game's installer (ex: Halo 2) once either Windows OS (Windows 7), point to a directory (ex: G:\Games\Windows\Halo 2\), and let it install. Then do the same for the other Windows (Windows 10), which would overwrite the same data.

Getting to my point, when I first installed Project Cartographer, I notice it only recognizes Window's Registry's known location of my Halo 2 install, ~\Halo 2\. However, I would like to have it install to ~\Halo 2 (Project Cartographer)\.

Now, I could very easily uninstall the mod and Halo 2 and start fresh, but I don't wanna because that would screw over one of the Windows OS's (Windows 7).

I have the mod files in ~\Halo 2 (Project Cartographer)\ already, which has all the game files as well (installed from Windows 7). When I run the Halo_2_Launcher.exe, it locates ~\Halo 2\, and tries to screw with my vanilla install (this is on Windows 10). Is there any way to have this locate a custom Halo 2 directory?

Kantanomo

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
Gamertag
H2Bot
I just pushed an update that should fix this.

However now you will have to reselect the game directory when running one of the different operating systems