Cartographer fails to launch due to KERNEL32.dll Error

Oct 29, 2017
Gamertag
Coke Daddy Nut
Project Cartographer fails to launch every time with this error. (Picture inserted below) Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 6.38.40 PM.png
halo 2.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point K32GetModuleFileNameExW could not be located in dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.

I run Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 x64. My specs are up to par and I have .Net framework, Visual C++, and DirectX installed. Halo 2 runs perfectly without Cartographer installed, but the moment I installed the software the game decided to never work and always sends me the same error message. I've reinstalled many times, using both an official disc and your installer as well. So far absolutely nothing has helped.

Please, some assistance would be greatly appreciated.

tweek

Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Nov 29, 2013
The game was built for Windows Vista and above, the mod (Cartographer) is not. The encryption libraries we use for logins do not support Windows Vista, plain and simple. You're free to play the game as it was back in 2007... sorry.

Plus, running an old, unsupported, unupdated operating system is just asking for trouble. There are ways to get Windows 7 for free