Does anybody have a finished multiplayer map in .3ds format?

Aug 22, 2015
Gamertag
PrecastSquid545
I've been trying to make halo 2 maps with blender, but I can never get my map I exported to compile correctly. I think I may be missing something that allows the map to work with the editor. Does anyone have a finished map exported as a .3ds model that I would be able to import into blender and see what it has that my map doesn't? Thanks in advance.

Aug 22, 2015
Gamertag
PrecastSquid545
Re: Does anybody have a finished multiplayer map in .3ds for

Well, It turned out the exporter I downloaded for blender doesn't work.

soft

Members
Sep 19, 2015

are you arived to export maps to blender? please tell me how you do it, tks

Mar 15, 2013

For any map work for Halo 2, I suggest sticking strictly to 3ds max 7 & 8. You can use latter versions to create the maps but you will have to export them to obj or 3ds file types so earlier Max versions can read the files. But be warned, doing so will result in you having to rename instance objects and relink everything.

soft

Members
Sep 19, 2015

And where should i get the .obj objet or maps of halo 2, what tool can decompile objects/maps into .max or .3ds or .obj or .fbx ?

Mar 15, 2013

What exactly do you need? I can rip pretty much anything from anything besides MCC and put them into a format you can use.

soft

Members
Sep 19, 2015

Hey, i just want to convert all assets from halo ( to import it to blender ) (prefered format .FBX, my other format .obj) i just want import all halo-2 3d model, and rig and animation, and sound and maby music (that a lot :whistle: ) but i don't know what tool should i use?

Mar 15, 2013

Rigged bipeds and animations are not extractable. Unless you wanna count the unproven, lame video only within 3dsmax about ZTeam extracting them.

The only bipeds I have seen exported is through Adjutant and only Halo 3 and above has supported working bones and markers.

soft

Members
Sep 19, 2015

Ok you can't rip the animation, but can you do the rest? (3d model, sound and textures?)

Mar 15, 2013

Just let me know what biped and other objects you want, and I can package them up neatly for you.

soft

Members
Sep 19, 2015

Ok, i don't know if you sea what is source film maker? it's a soft that use source engine, where people use 3D model, textures and sound of games like portal2 or team fortress 2 and they animate that for create a little film.
Me I never use the source filmmaker but i'd like to import maps, player, vehicle, weapons, sound into blender with format like . obj or other accepted formats. If you can export and upload at mega or somewhere, that you will very help me, because they are a lot of extractors but some of them work only with xbox version of halo2 or with windows xp ... and I have windows 10 and a lot of soft simply not work or don't want extract.

Mar 15, 2013

So you just want Halo 2 assets extracted into obj format? Easy enough, but I need to know exactly whay specific assets you would like. If I were to decompress and extract all the items I am capable of....the result would be a 20+gig file in rar format

soft

Members
Sep 19, 2015

Yeah about 20 GB, that's a lot, I see, but I would do the sorts afterwards,
I about everything ,the map, the sound the mesh and textures..., I'd make a post process after if needed to recreates UV or convert mesh.

you can upload 50 GB on mega, hoping that your connection does not take too long for you.
Thank you very much if you can do that.

Mar 15, 2013

I'll start ripping what I can starting with the campaign maps first, then I'll work my way up.

soft

Members
Sep 19, 2015

How is it, do you starting ripping the game?

Mar 15, 2013

You cant rip from the pc version. You have to rip assets from the xbox version. BUT, you cannot compile anything besides bitmaps with the H2EK. Render models and sounds have to be compiled in the CE HEK, then converted over to the h2 format. Collision, physics and animations are not possible at all.