FoV

Jul 31, 2013
Gamertag
itf Pr0metheus
Hey guys. Just started playing H2 again, but on the PC, and noticed the FOV is crazy huge on a widescreen monitor.
Is there any way to change this easily (with support for multiplayer?)

Hoping so, and Hoping that it won't cause any issues with the crosshair position on the weapon (like it used to before opensauce came out for H1)

Maybe someone can point me in the right direction :)

Cheers

Promo

**** On other notes, I'm the Head of IT and senior developer where I work... There are a lot of free systems I could host servers on - What are the required system specs per server instance? *****

Jun 16, 2013
Canada
Gamertag
SiC Slasherr
hey, i dont know how to fix the fov but im excited about you hosting a server (or a few xD)

im not one of the staff or anything but i think that the staff would want a few more servers :p

Jul 31, 2013
Gamertag
itf Pr0metheus
Hi There!

I'm quite happy to do it, as long as it doesn't adversely affect the network - which I can't see it doing that much.

I'd be able to probably offer 90% uptime - with a scheduled midnight Friday reboot (GMT), to reinitialise two VPNs. (This could be shifted to Sunday, as friday night is kinda prime time for my gaming :p)

I just need to know really the typical bandwidth usage of a 16 man server, over the space of a month, as well as the system requirements.
I know that the dedicated server cannot run on the same machine as the client but thats no issue.

I plan to throw it on a few virtual instances, probably xp if i can get away with that - if not, it'll have to be 7/8/Server 2012 - dont have licenses for anything else anymore.

Jun 16, 2013
Canada
Gamertag
SiC Slasherr
cool :D

soon the staff will come and see this thread, they will decide what will happen :p

i think they will say yes xD anyways add me SiC H2 PRO, we can play some halo 2 sometime xD

@ Avenged, field of view :p remember halo ce fov o_O it was so small lol

Glitchy Scripts

Lead Dev
Project Cartographer Staff
Apr 9, 2013
GlitchyScripts.com
itf pr0metheus said:
"I know that the dedicated server cannot run on the same machine as the client but thats no issue."
Well i just want to point out that is it possible, i do it a bit, if you set the dedicated server up as a service then the client can be run as well.
Its been awhile but i'm pretty sure when it is set up it actually gives it it's own user account too (but it isn't logginable, i can see it in c:\users titled "H2Server")
Just wanted to mention that even though it isn't an issue for you... :D