GMod DayZ

Mar 20, 2013
Hawaii
www.h2mt.org
Gamertag
Kills Alone
Hey everyone,

I'm sure a few of you have been like, "Hey, wheres that Kills Alone guy?". Well, after catching up on all the newer Halos my son convinced me to give GMod (Garry's Mod) another chance. The Workshop has loads of custom content to mess with, a large playbase, and various modes of play.

I came across a gametype called GMod Dayz. I'm sure most of you know DayZ is a survival mod where you try to search for resources and fight to survive. You can come across a car or two, play as a Bandit, Neutral, Hero, or a mixture or sorts like myself: the Anti-Hero. You can play the game solo or in groups, it feels very different depending on how you play, with who, and if you KoS (Kill on Site), or if you want some encounters to work out in other ways. For example; I like finding unique ways of killing players or even better getting them to off themselves. Yet I also like to help other players when they need/deserve it. Its just fun, pure fun, but you really need someone who is experienced to outline a few things first, so you have a better experience and do not get frustrated.

So I invite anyone who wants to play and has GMod; add me as a friend on Steam and I can show you the ropes, controls, rules, and such.

I usually play on the CSi server on a huge map called EvoCity (technically its rp_evocity2_v2p).

Here is a link to their forums.

What you will need:

-Garry's Mod (GMod) of course - sometimes its included in cheap Humble Bundles

-Half-Life 2 & both Episodes - there are texture/asset packs if you do not want to pay for these: CSCheater

-Counter-Strike Source - there are texture/asset packs if you do not want to pay for this: CSCheater

EvoCity on the Workshop

*BTW, in case anyone was wondering, I did not care for the Arma II version of this mod as it felt overly clunky and not intuitive in the least.