Hello fellow Halo fans!

Jan 10, 2017
New York (Upstate! Not the city!)
Gamertag
N64Lain
Hey there! Name's N64Lain, Lain for short (You don't know how many times people have called me N64. :laugh: ). I've been into the Halo series since I was 7. My older brother was the one who first introduced me to Halo when he got the original game for the Original Xbox back in the day. Unfortunately since it was his Xbox and I wasn't really allowed to play M-rated games at my house, though I was always able to play some games like Quake and Turok but that's a different story, I always went over to my friend's house to play it since he had a copy of the game. When Halo 2 came out, that was when I got the chance to try out Xbox Live with my older brother. I still remember one of his online friends saying "You let an 8-year-old play Halo 2? Holy shit." I also had a ton of fun with that same friend who had Halo 1.

After my brother gave me his Original Xbox and all his games after he got the Xbox 360, I nabbed Halo 1 & 2 and played them extensively. I had more friends at that point so we all played multiplayer a lot. Then I found out about XBConnect and Xlink Kai. I played on those a lot back in '08-'09, I was MajorX9999 during that time if any of you remember that name, even when Halo 3 had taken over and all my friends were playing that. Though as time moved on I gradually moved on to Halo Reach.

Even after my days of Halo 2 had ended, I couldn't stop thinking about all the good times I had with it. The memories were engraved into my mind. Then my friend, yes I still know this guy after all this time has passed, got Master Chief Collection. I instantly remembered how much fun Halo 2 was after all these years. My interest was immediately rekindled and I had to get back online. I hopped back onto Xlink, rest in peace XBConnect, and found that it wasn't the same as it was before. The community had gotten immensely small. Much smaller than back in the day.

Then I heard about Project Cartographer. I hopped on a CTF server, on this new map I never played called District, and instantly fell in love. It was just like the old days. Lots of people playing, plenty of games to join, and loads of fun to be had. I'm glad my 20-year-old self found out about this. It's the most fun I've had with Halo 2 in a long time. I just gotta say thanks to the guys working on this. You're pretty much doing god's work. I'm glad to be a part of the community.

See ya online!
-N64Lain