Hello!

May 17, 2016
USA
Gamertag
Hold Em5
Hello! I was reminiscing about halo 2 online the other day and looked up a video on the last 50 players on halo 2 Xbox live and a comment had a link to this site. So far I installed everything and got it somewhat working. I was able to find 3 dedicated servers and other ones hosted by single people. Since I'm new I'm a bit confused on how everything works. I read around and saw how the live servers was taken down a few years ago. I'm not sure tho wether this program brings back live or is another program that connects players thru LAN like xlink Kai and what xbconnect used to do. But I see how a bunch of people signed up there are fairly recent posts but I only find likaoe less than 20 people playing in the network section (which I can't understand anyone since they all speak Spanish). i think I might have more files to configure. I do understand that this is beta software and that the community for bringing back old games like this is tiny. But anyways, I'm excited to see the project get further into development and I'm going to have to get used to the mouse and keyboard controls and the different video display being on a monitor. :)

supersniper

The lost soul
Project Cartographer Staff
Feb 14, 2013
www.youtube.com
Gamertag
supersniper
Hey welcome!! Well player base tends to be sporadic some days it's large some days it's small.

When it comes to the connectivity visit the dev blog for a more in depth description.

And Halo 2 Vista does have controller support. Just by a USB controller or buy the wireless receiver for wireless controllers.

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
unitedfalconclan.roflforum.net
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
If you want more news about the Project, do go to http://www.h2v.online/ for more news and Information. The newest build that will be released is 0.3, which will finally bring the project into Beta

If you need any help setting Project Cartographer up, then do not hesitate to send me a PM!
Also, Good to see you around the forums!
Now if we can just get old school Xbox H2 players on H2PC...

May 22, 2016
New Zealand
Gamertag
scorpNZ
Things seem to be picking up especially over the weekend just gone. (Thanks for the sneaky,sneak up behind shot in the back by the way shadow (Knew you were there when the radar showed the blip,didn't show you fast enough for me to turn completely round) (the map with the fog yesterday which was sunday in a tdm match),paybacks comm'n buddy.. *Dr evil laugh*.
Yeah anyway! even last week there seemed to be more on through out the day.Things will be better when the update for comms comes online.Watching youtube vids for tips is fine but can't replace actual players advice on how to do certain tricks,especially that button mashing stuff,would most probably be easier if i could use a kb & mouse instead of controller,mind you practice makes perfect

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
Most people go for whatever control scheme they're comfortable with. Most H2PC veterans are really good with both control schemes but use the ones that they prefer. I personally go for controller for the nostalgia, but I'm better on KB/M

Payback huh?
Ill be expecting it.
(Just so you know what your dealing with, I make some pretty good plays. So yeah.)

May 17, 2016
USA
Gamertag
Hold Em5
I'm glad to see that the community is growing. I did take the liberty and post some comments on old halo 2 videos that had the link to here because that's how I found this. Which is one of the things we have to do. We have to get the word out to places saying that hey! this things exists and is 20x better than xlink kai. I saw that there was a twitter account and a YouTube channel for this back in 2015 which would be nice to get that kicking again. Doing some quick google searches, you can find this relatively easy by searching halo 2 pc or halo 2 online, but on bing its nonexistent. The ultimate goal in my mind would be to be near the top of the list when you just google Halo 2.

This was a great weekend also there was like 20+ people online, we had some good gungame matches, another dedicated server was put up, and more people were hosting their own game with their own gamemodes which was pretty cool because at points there were more people on these games than the dedicated servers themselves. I also had lockdown defense on CTF on District, nothing gets past my energy sword. I also agree with scorp on how its only going to get better when v0.3 comes out (will that be soon?).

May 22, 2016
New Zealand
Gamertag
scorpNZ
No time frame mentioned as it appears there's a lot of work to do.You have to keep in mind that the devs most probably have day jobs so things take time,may even have to wait months.

http://www.h2v.online/

@shadow
how did you get your typing to appear on screen in the flying tank video,i'm going to assume only modded games can have that ?.While on the subject do you know what device gtharea used to do the recording

May 29, 2015
Teddyland
Gamertag
UF ShadowTeddy
scorpNZ said:
No time frame mentioned as it appears there's a lot of work to do.You have to keep in mind that the devs most probably have day jobs so things take time,may even have to wait months.

http://www.h2v.online/

@shadow
how did you get your typing to appear on screen in the flying tank video,i'm going to assume only modded games can have that ?.While on the subject do you know what device gtharea used to do the recording
The Text Chat?
Just press F1 while in-game to access the ingame chat. As for gtharea (Otherwise known as Big TwEEkx) He uses software to record (I believe its ShadowPlay) but you can use recording software like Fraps or OBS to record your games. I use Fraps, but you need an activated version of fraps to be able to record more than 30 secs