HUDs

What HUDs do you support in H2V?

• Halo 1

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Halo 2; you hate other HUDs.

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Halo 3

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Halo 3:ODST (Unless someone knows Vertex and Pixel Shaders, your not getting your compass as HUD; no

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Halo 4: Microsoft Wants your Money

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Halo Reach

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Halo Wars (Honestly, I don't even know what that HUD looks like, but it would make an excellent joke

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Halo Spartan Assault (Because why not?)

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
May 14, 2013
Gamertag
kirby 422
H1 HUD

Download. Has the HUD tags (AR is only weapon setup at this time), PSD files for the bitmaps.
Tags are slightly newer that the image; you'll notice a bit of an issue with the ammo numbers, that should be fixed (honestly, never tested it, but it was me not having stuff aligned).

I may do an updated version later this week with all the weapons, as well as testing some vehicle HUDs; Are people interested in using the H1 HUD?

H3 Spartan HUD (Still doing some work on it)

I'll probably get a download link tomorrow. I do admit that I have been far more sloppy with this HUD than the H1 HUD (Not only because I connect better with the H1 HUD, but also because I never really properly played H3 lol) Unless their is overwelming support for this HUD, its going to be a starting point for someone else to fill the rest in when they want to use it (Basically what I have now, just a bit cleaner/closer to the original. I already have the bitmap full of all weapon pictures, so you'd just need to correct the ammo meter files with correct meters and assemble the tag based off my AR one.)

EDIT:
Download
Some weapons might have the wrong backpack icons due to me rushing and not testing, if they do, here is a list for what the weapon is, the index number for the bitmap, and the X position
smg (0) -115
battle rifle (1) -140
beamrifle (2) -145
Carbine (3) -125
Fuel Rod (4) -110
human pistol (5) -95
needler (6) -95
plasma pistol (7) -95
plasma rifle (8) -100
rocket launcher (9) -140
sentinel (10) -100
shotgun (11) -140
assault rifle(12) -140
sniper rifle (13) -140
splaze (14) -120
spike (15) -120
sword (16) -115
bruteshot (17) -130
maul (18) -95
gravy and ham sandwich(19) -140
plasma turret (20) -120
flamethrower (21) -125
missle pod (22) -135
chaingun (23) -125

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
they look good :) the halo 3 one looks good lol

:) wonder if you can do an overlay of the hud that will replace the h2v hud like an app lol that would be coolz lol

May 14, 2013
Gamertag
kirby 422
mootjuh said:
Is that Jesse's hud?
Its the bitmaps from H3, tilted on the correct angle (Since apparently, H3, the HUD tilts itself; all the bitmaps are straight)

H2's first custom FP....
[BBvideo 800,490:1rzc9zo7]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA-XCwGaSa0[/BBvideo]
So, that didn't go very well lol. (Also, H3 HUD in video) You can either go with the default settings, with ignores rigging:
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/4959/7dks.png
Or, alter a setting to a non-optimal setting to get slight bone action... The desired setting causes H2tool to crash, and I have yet to determine what is required of me to not cause a crash.
I believe there are rigging issues on the arms (Since they are directly from H3; if I let them go through 3ds, their node hierarchy does not match H2's), however there most certainly is not as many rigging issues as H2 would have you believe. In the future, if I can get the correct setting to work, ill make something to fix the hierarchy on 3dsmax exported models, but first things first, get H2 to accept the models with the correct settings.

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
looks like you are a monster in the video there kirby lolzzz

:) great work bro-ski! if i could only do stuff like that lol i cannot do anything like that lol im so nooby lol

May 14, 2013
Gamertag
kirby 422

So, that seem accurate to everyone? (I don't really care about that little line between the number and weapon icon... does anyone really care about it being missing?). All the actual ammo meters are setup, just assembling them all and making their zoomed in HUDs.

Peoplez, find me pictures of each weapon that has its own zoom, since I need to know where to align their ammo meters, what they look like, etc. (I've barely played any H3 lol)

In the meanwhile, I guess ill get working on the elite part (Since at the very least, I should have those new shaders created with the H3 covie green before making any other weapons, just so I don't have to edit them all)

EDIT:

lol, month to do some minor edits to H3Chief HUD, then just plow through H3 elite HUD. The outline seems a bit off... I either need to relocate the outline a bit, or alter the grenade location, but the outline seems wrong on all 4 corners, so edit outline first, then see whats up.

Anz

Members
Mar 23, 2013
Gamertag
Anz11
Good stuff you´ve made here Kirby. Just google search for those pics of them huds or if you have 360, then H3 will be free to download for Gold users on XBOX live on the 16th!

May 14, 2013
Gamertag
kirby 422
So, I rushed though all the remaining H3 weapon HUDs I needed, with minimal testing; If you find any problems that aren't related to the scopes (since I directly had asked for scope references in the past, with no results), feel free to point them out. If anythings messed up, it would probably be me forgetting to set the backpack icons, or picking the wrong ammo for certain types of weapons. You'll also want to add ammo cutoffs, since I hardly ever did that in any of the weapons.

Download
Includes TIFF and PSD where applicable (sometimes, I would just directly edit the tiff)

Mar 22, 2013
www.twitch.tv
Gamertag
XHN SCRAPY
I wonder if we can inject and change the huds via d3d app? :/ like swap out the current hud with something else? like have the app have options
Halo 1, h2, h3, h4, etc all on one app that we can change on the fly?